Re: Out of the box laptop suspend to ram support

Re: Out of the box laptop suspend to ram support

Daniel Robitaille
On 9/29/05, Matthew Garrett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Currently, enabling suspend to ram requires you to edit
> /etc/default/acpi-support, uncomment the second line, save it, reboot
> and attempt to sleep. This is less than ideal. I've implemented a scheme
> for auto-enabling sleep on machines we know work. In order to populate
> it, I need people with *working* sleep to email *me* (not the mailing
> list) the output of the command
>
> sudo dmidecode
>
> and I'll add working devices to the list. It would be excellent to have
> a large number of machines working from first install, so please do give
> sleep a try and let me know if it works.

Matthew,

was that whitelisting of laptops been turned off in Dapper?  For mine
(Dell Latitude 110l), suspend to ram starting working out of the box
soon after that call for working laptops, and it works for Breezy
final, but I doesn't work out of the box in Dapper for the same
laptop.

Daniel

--
Daniel Robitaille

Re: Out of the box laptop suspend to ram support

Matthew Garrett
On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 06:36:06PM -0800, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> was that whitelisting of laptops been turned off in Dapper?  For mine
> (Dell Latitude 110l), suspend to ram starting working out of the box
> soon after that call for working laptops, and it works for Breezy
> final, but I doesn't work out of the box in Dapper for the same
> laptop.

Not that I know of. I haven't had a chance to move to dapper yet - I'll
take a look next week.

--
Matthew Garrett | [hidden email]

Dapper Drake on PPC report

Mark Jaffe
I wish to report on results of install testing of 6.04 onto Powerbook
G3 2000 Firewire (Pismo).

Machine has 512Mb RAM, 400 MHz cpu, 60 Gb HD (boots to 10.3.9 and 9.2
of MacOS).

On running the installer, it fails to detect network. Neither on-board
port nor Linksys W54G PC-card is found.

When attempting install to a G3 450 B&W (Yosemite) with 20 Gb IDE, it
failed to format an already-formatted 12 Gb ext3 fs.

Mark
--
Mark Jaffe
[hidden email]