Re: Poll: Ubuntu Technical Board election 2018

Re: Poll: Ubuntu Technical Board election 2018

Robie Basak-4
On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 12:51:39AM -0400, Ubuntu Community Council (CIVS poll supervisor) wrote:
> A special thank you goes out to Marc Deslauriers and Stéphane Graber who will both be stepping down.

Marc is in the poll. Is there a mistake?

Separately, I remember someone (Laney?) asking for an opportunity to
question the candidates. Is there a plan for this please? In any case,
as a nominee I invite questions now if anyone wants to ask anything.

Robie

Re: Poll: Ubuntu Technical Board election 2018

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre
On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 4:53 AM Robie Basak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 12:51:39AM -0400, Ubuntu Community Council (CIVS poll supervisor) wrote:
> > A special thank you goes out to Marc Deslauriers and Stéphane Graber who will both be stepping down.
>
> Marc is in the poll. Is there a mistake?
>
> Separately, I remember someone (Laney?) asking for an opportunity to
> question the candidates. Is there a plan for this please? In any case,
> as a nominee I invite questions now if anyone wants to ask anything.

Indeed. Furthermore, I did nominate myself for the board, and my name
does not show up. :)

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre <[hidden email]>
Freenode: cyphermox, Jabber: [hidden email]
4096R/65B58DA1 818A D123 0992 275B 23C2  CF89 C67B B4D6 65B5 8DA1

Re: Poll: Ubuntu Technical Board election 2018

Marc Deslauriers-3
On 2018-10-05 04:52 AM, Robie Basak wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 12:51:39AM -0400, Ubuntu Community Council (CIVS poll supervisor) wrote:
>> A special thank you goes out to Marc Deslauriers and Stéphane Graber who will both be stepping down.
>
> Marc is in the poll. Is there a mistake?

Huh? I'm not stepping down. I submitted my candidature.

Marc.

Re: Poll: Ubuntu Technical Board election 2018

Walter Lapchynski
On 2018-10-05 01:52, Robie Basak wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 12:51:39AM -0400, Ubuntu Community Council
> (CIVS poll supervisor) wrote:
>> A special thank you goes out to Marc Deslauriers and Stéphane Graber who will both be stepping down.
> Marc is in the poll. Is there a mistake?

Yes, there is, and one I take full responsibility for. Luckily, you'll
find him listed on the ballot, so all is well.

> Separately, I remember someone (Laney?) asking for an opportunity to
> question the candidates. Is there a plan for this please?

Sadly, this was not communicated to the Community Council. Furthermore,
even in my brief perusal of the Technical Board mailing list, there did
not seem to be a clear decision on this. The nominations have been a
long time in coming, so I didn't bother to delay it by asking further
about it. That said, should we delay further? If so, how much time do we
feel we need?

--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D

Re: Poll: Ubuntu Technical Board election 2018

Marc Deslauriers-3
Hi,

On 2018-10-05 01:27 PM, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
> On 2018-10-05 01:52, Robie Basak wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 12:51:39AM -0400, Ubuntu Community Council
>> (CIVS poll supervisor) wrote:
>>> A special thank you goes out to Marc Deslauriers and Stéphane Graber who will both be stepping down.
>> Marc is in the poll. Is there a mistake?
>
> Yes, there is, and one I take full responsibility for. Luckily, you'll
> find him listed on the ballot, so all is well.

Would it be possible to remove my name from that sentence at the top of the
poll, and perhaps send out an announcement about the mistake?

Thanks,

Marc.

On 2018-10-05 11:36, Marc Deslauriers wrote:

> On 2018-10-05 01:27 PM, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
>> On 2018-10-05 01:52, Robie Basak wrote:
>>> Marc is in the poll. Is there a mistake?
>> Yes, there is, and one I take full responsibility for. Luckily, you'll
>> find him listed on the ballot, so all is well.
> Would it be possible to remove my name from that sentence at the top of the
> poll, and perhaps send out an announcement about the mistake?

Unfortunately, I think the only way for me to do this is to make a new
poll. The other thing I can potentially do is email all 177 voters with
the correction. I know my mail server has limits and I'm not sure if
this crosses that, but I could get in touch with them about that. What
do you think would be best?

Again, sorry, Marc. ☹
--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D

Re: Poll: Ubuntu Technical Board election 2018

Tyler Hicks-2
On 2018-10-05 12:14:57, Walter Lapchynski wrote:

> On 2018-10-05 11:36, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
> >> Yes, there is, and one I take full responsibility for. Luckily, you'll
> >> find him listed on the ballot, so all is well.
> > Would it be possible to remove my name from that sentence at the top of the
> > poll, and perhaps send out an announcement about the mistake?
>
> Unfortunately, I think the only way for me to do this is to make a new
> poll. The other thing I can potentially do is email all 177 voters with
> the correction. I know my mail server has limits and I'm not sure if
> this crosses that, but I could get in touch with them about that. What
> do you think would be best?
I think creating a new poll and directly notifying anyone that's already
voted is the best thing to do here considering that Marc and Mathieu's
names were left off of the ballot when the notifications went out
(Mathieu's name is still missing). Otherwise, the voting results would
be questionable if Marc or Mathieu don't make the cut.

Tyler

On 2018-10-05 12:14, Walter Lapchynski wrote:

> On 2018-10-05 11:36, Marc Deslauriers wrote:
>>> Yes, there is, and one I take full responsibility for. Luckily, you'll
>>> find him listed on the ballot, so all is well.
>> Would it be possible to remove my name from that sentence at the top of the
>> poll, and perhaps send out an announcement about the mistake?
> Unfortunately, I think the only way for me to do this is to make a new
> poll. The other thing I can potentially do is email all 177 voters with
> the correction. I know my mail server has limits and I'm not sure if
> this crosses that, but I could get in touch with them about that. What
> do you think would be best?
> Again, sorry, Marc. ☹

Actually, don't answer that. We've decided, since this is one of a
couple issues that need to be resolved, to stop the poll currently.
--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D

Re: Poll: Ubuntu Technical Board election 2018

Dan Streetman
On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 7:05 PM Walter Lapchynski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2018-10-05 12:14, Walter Lapchynski wrote:
> >> Would it be possible to remove my name from that sentence at the top of the
> >> poll, and perhaps send out an announcement about the mistake?
> > Unfortunately, I think the only way for me to do this is to make a new
> > poll. The other thing I can potentially do is email all 177 voters with
> > the correction. I know my mail server has limits and I'm not sure if
> > this crosses that, but I could get in touch with them about that. What
> > do you think would be best?
> > Again, sorry, Marc. ☹
>
> Actually, don't answer that. We've decided, since this is one of a
> couple issues that need to be resolved, to stop the poll currently.

So...will a new poll be set up?