Re: [Question #235135]: unity-dash-intro.page reference to Gwibber lens

Re: [Question #235135]: unity-dash-intro.page reference to Gwibber lens

mh-dixon
Hi Doug.

Re your "simply can not figure out what you mean "  no problem, I am
equally in the dark about most of Ubuntu and keep on getting withdrawal
symptoms!

So that others can see this more clearly try this - on
https://help.ubuntu.com/13.04/ubuntu-help/unity-introduction.html
the screenshot on that page under Getting Started clearly shows the
problem which exists in the live 13.04 Dash when you open it -
docs symbol not consistent - clock above and page below.

However I think by chance you have cleared my mind - I was seeing a
(one) symbol for each whereas there is a different symbol used when
"recently used" is current.
If there is any general feeling that some change needs to be I made
suggest this is left until after 13.10.  Apology if I have wasted
anyones time.

Martin

On 05/09/13 00:30, Doug Smythies wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> Sorry, but I simply can not figure out what you mean or are referring to when you talk about "mixed symbols and lenses".
> Hopefully someone else will have an opinion (not an "option", as I wrote before) or feedback.
>
> ... Doug

Doug Smythies

> Hi Doug.

> Re your "simply can not figure out what you mean "  no problem, I am equally
> in the dark about most of Ubuntu and keep on getting withdrawal symptoms!

> So that others can see this more clearly try this - on
> https://help.ubuntu.com/13.04/ubuntu-help/unity-introduction.html
> the screenshot on that page under Getting Started clearly shows the problem
> which exists in the live 13.04 Dash when you open it
> - docs symbol not consistent - clock above and page below.

> However I think by chance you have cleared my mind - I was seeing a
> (one) symbol for each whereas there is a different symbol used when
> "recently used" is current.
> If there is any general feeling that some change needs to be I made
> suggest this is left until after 13.10.  Apology if I have wasted anyones time.

Aghhh.... now I understand (sort of). The VM I built is 13.10 Ubuntu desktop,
and that screenshot you referred to is different on my computer. So I was unable
to correlate "There are 6 lenses Home, App, Docs, Music, Photos and Videos" with
my screen, because it is different. That combined with I don't know what a "lense"
is.

... Doug

Re all previous screenshot and Gwibber lens emails

mh-dixon
Hi all - my thanks to John, Doug and others for attending my symbol, lens, Gwibber party.

I have amended my remarks on the spreadsheet to reflect the following and hope that no additional action will be required!
Martin

It's actually that the screenshots have not been updated yet due to a defunct screenshot script. I once talked about this with Kevin a few months ago. They are screenshots from 12.04, not 13.10.  I believe the script has been finally worked on. Now, we're just waiting for the script to do its magic and give the page new, fresh pictures.

From: Doug Smythies [[hidden email]]