Re: Some of the input interfaces not working

Re: Some of the input interfaces not working

Asif Iqbal-9

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Asif Iqbal <[hidden email]> wrote:
I cannot make the following two working

 - Mouse - Middle Click Paste
 - Touchpad - Disable While Typing

I have both enabled, as shown in attachment

I am forced to right click to copy and right click to paste on a terminal

Also while I am typing, the cursor runs around a lot with touchpad seems to be too responsive.
It is not disabled even they it is checked

Am I experiencing a bug?

Thanks

Any suggestion on a fix?

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Re: Some of the input interfaces not working

Peter Flynn
On 03/05/18 22:38, Asif Iqbal wrote:

> On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Asif Iqbal <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     I cannot make the following two working
>
>      - Mouse - Middle Click Paste
>      - Touchpad - Disable While Typing
>
>     I have both enabled, as shown in attachment
>
>     I am forced to right click to copy and right click to paste on a
>     terminal
>
>     Also while I am typing, the cursor runs around a lot with touchpad
>     seems to be too responsive.
>     It is not disabled even they it is checked
>
>     Am I experiencing a bug?

I have had a similar problem on all my Dell laptops, especially the
XPS15. The touchpads are WAAAY too sensitive as installed, and the
available software in Linux's (all distros) Settings or Preferences does
not address this.

There is apparently a way to get at the firmware settings where there
are *dozens* of parameters to choose from, and I have not found any
guide to which ones to try. I did find it once, but failed to bookmark it.

Middle Click Paste not working is fairly disastrous: I use it all day
and any hardware or software that failed to honour it would go straight
into the trash and be marked down as "Never Use".

///Peter