Re: What is the universal (world wide) understanding behind degaussing hard disks?

Re: What is the universal (world wide) understanding behind degaussing hard disks?

ubuntu-users mailing list
03 April 2018  at 19:09, David Fletcher wrote:
Re: What is the universal (world wi (at least in part)

>PS
>
>I always use a lump hammer to drive a cold chisel through any drive I
>intend to put in the metal recycling bin.

Whats wrong with Thermite, easy to make and the heat will far excede the Curie
temperature of any disk plater material, not to mention melting it

Re: What is the universal (world wide) understanding behind degaussing hard disks?

Ralf Mardorf-2
On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 21:13:50 +0100, Grizzly via ubuntu-users wrote:
>Whats wrong with Thermite, easy to make and the heat will far excede
>the Curie temperature of any disk plater material, not to mention
>melting it

In cities, it's dangerous to use for the average citizen, without
putting the neighbours in danger, peroid!