Re: Where to store wireless card info

Stan-18
On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 09:24:48PM +0100, Oscar wrote:
> So that your laptop will adjust it's settings as soon as you get within range of one of those networks?
>
> I think NetworkManager might be something you could use for this,

Is there a deb for this anywhere?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967

On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 01:19:22AM +0100, Faycal CHRAIBI wrote:

> stan a ?crit :
> | I need to store the appropriate info for several networks, ssid, wep key
> | etc, such that my ubuntu laptop can attach to these networks,
> |
> | Where do I add this info?
> |

> Check on System -> Networks.
> There you can add several network profiles by adding new locations.

I've presently got 3 locations defiend there, but I cannnot seem to get
them to actiate no matter what I do.

It should be as simple as selecting the correct one, and pressing
"configure", right?
--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967

Re: Where to store wireless card info

Stan-18
On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 09:24:48PM +0100, Oscar wrote:
> So that your laptop will adjust it's settings as soon as you get within range of one of those networks?
>
> I think NetworkManager might be something you could use for this,

I installed the network-manager package, that's the one you were talking
abut, right?

Now what executable, or menu path do I need to run to configure this?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967

Re: Where to store wireless card info

Ed Fletcher

Re: Where to store wireless card info

zach-7
Not sure if anyone involved in this project is watching this thread,
but can anyone say why Bind 9 is required for network-manager?

I can't say that I'm comfortable installing bind.