Re: Xubuntu 18.04 and Wine

MR ZenWiz
On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 11:00 PM, Grizzly via ubuntu-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> 10 September 2018  at 21:34, MR ZenWiz wrote:
> Xubuntu 18.03 and Wine (at least in part)
>
>>I'm running Xubuntu 18.04 and I've been trying to get Wine installed
>>such that I can run iTunes on it.
>
> What "exactly" do you need iTunes for?
>
> There may be another way, is it (as I expect) to manage a iPod of some
> description?

No, to access iTunes stored audios and get them down to a usable
format on Linux.

My partner has hundreds of tracks she'd like to access, but they're
all in iTunes.

Re: Xubuntu 18.04 and Wine

ubuntu-users mailing list
10 September 2018  at 23:27, MR ZenWiz wrote:
Re: Xubuntu 18.04 and Wine (at least in part)

>On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 11:00 PM, Grizzly via ubuntu-users
><[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 10 September 2018  at 21:34, MR ZenWiz wrote:
>> Xubuntu 18.03 and Wine (at least in part)

>>>I'm running Xubuntu 18.04 and I've been trying to get Wine installed
>>>such that I can run iTunes on it.

>> There may be another way, is it (as I expect) to manage a iPod of some
>> description?

>No, to access iTunes stored audios and get them down to a usable
>format on Linux.

See

https://hobo.house/2018/06/20/run-itunes-on-linux-via-wine/

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?iId=1347&sClass=application

I've not read either deeply

I avoid iTunes like the plague, but hope these help

Re: Xubuntu 18.04 and Wine

MR ZenWiz
On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 7:58 AM, Grizzly via ubuntu-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> See
>
> https://hobo.house/2018/06/20/run-itunes-on-linux-via-wine/
>
> https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?iId=1347&sClass=application

Unfortunately neither one seems to work.  I posted a question in the
Wine forum and I'll report back if/when I get a reply that works.

Re: Xubuntu 18.04 and Wine

Chris-2
On Tue, 2018-09-11 at 17:23 -0700, MR ZenWiz wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 7:58 AM, Grizzly via ubuntu-users
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > See
> >
> > https://hobo.house/2018/06/20/run-itunes-on-linux-via-wine/
> >
> > https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?iId=1347&sClass=applicat
> > ion
> >

> Unfortunately neither one seems to work.  I posted a question in the
> Wine forum and I'll report back if/when I get a reply that works.

Searching for 'wine itunes' on linuxquestions.org

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/wine-running-
itunes-anyone-4175636160/

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/itunes-installa
tion-on-ubuntu-16-04lts-4175624855/

https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/wine-and-itun
es-fix-4175606561/

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-itunes-on-linux-1999251

Searching 'wine itunes ubunut'

http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/itunes

These are just some of the hit I got and a few other links

--
Chris
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C

Re: Xubuntu 18.04 and Wine

MR ZenWiz
On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 5:44 PM, Chris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Searching for 'wine itunes' on linuxquestions.org
>
> https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/wine-running-
> itunes-anyone-4175636160/
>
> https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/itunes-installa
> tion-on-ubuntu-16-04lts-4175624855/
>
> https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/wine-and-itun
> es-fix-4175606561/
>
> https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-itunes-on-linux-1999251
>
> Searching 'wine itunes ubunut'
>
> http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/itunes
>
> These are just some of the hit I got and a few other links

I appreciate the effort, and I have read all of those links and tried
to use them.

The best one I have was a note from the WINE forum that said to prefix
the incstallation command with WINEARCH=i386.  Haven't had time to try
that yet, but I will soon.

Meanwhile, I did use my Win 7 VM, then booted my friend's PC into her
old Win 7 dual boot.  For some strange reason, none of her stored
recordings were there, possibly since I moved all of her data files to
her Xubuntu home, so we may be just fine without iTunes (isn't
everyone?).

Many thanks.

Mark