Re: amd64 Beta 2 candidate testing going well; i386 testing -- none?

Re: amd64 Beta 2 candidate testing going well; i386 testing -- none?

Donald Tanner
i386 testing in progress.

I put together an i386 machine just for the purpose of testing Kubuntu i386 beta 2 release
candidates. It is up and running as of now. This will allow me to have this old machine up and useful. I will keep it for testing Kubuntu i386.

I am currently running the testcase "Live Session" booted to a usb thumb drive running Kubuntu i386.

After the Live Session I will move on to Installation to hard drive tests.

Donald

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 6:35 PM, Valorie Zimmerman <[hidden email]> wrote:
I didn't write to the list yesterday about the candidate ISOs
dropping, because of computer problems here. I lost a SSD (I think)
but created a Bionic upgrade on another disk. So that was a success,
but it takes time to provision a new install, as you know.

Anyway, i386 users, now or never! I mean literally if we don't get
testing on this LTS on i386 hardware, we will NOT be offering it from
here forward. This is a community-produced product, and if those who
want it are not willing to test it, we simply cannot provide untested
stuff.

Please login to the qatracker at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/388/builds/169616/testcases,
click the little disk symbol to download or zsync an image, and test
test test!

File bug reports for bugs you find using `ubuntu-bug ubuiquity` or
whatever the packagename is (ubiquity is the installer) and add those
BR numbers to your report.

Please, today or at latest tomorrow.

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Re: amd64 Beta 2 candidate testing going well; i386 testing -- none?

Valorie Zimmerman
Excellent! It was great to see more testers pitch in this round, given
that we had a shorter time to test than usual.

Thanks to all!

Valorie

http://about.me/valoriez