Re: auto-powerup,run backup,shutdown?

chrisccoulson

I recommend a package called Dirvish (it's in apt, or
http://www.dirvish.org) to handle your backups.  I use it daily to back
up 2 remote web servers and four local workstations.  Now for the
powering on...how the heck would you do that?

--
BlueNoteMKVI

Re: auto-powerup,run backup,shutdown?

Sarangan Thuraisingham / துரைசிங்கம் சாரங்கன்
This has to be supported by your BIOS. I have a Dell Inspiron laptop and
in the BIOS settings there is an Auto Power On(I dont know if thats the
correct name for it) mode. I used to use it as Alarm clock.

Or you could try an electronic timer switch of some kind.

Or what about, not really shutting down the computer, but standby/Sleep
in RAM....

Hope that was helpful.
   - Saru