Re: debian-installer: call to update translations - Tagalog -- NOW WEBLATE ONLINE

Re: debian-installer: call to update translations - Tagalog -- NOW WEBLATE ONLINE

Holger Wansing

Forwarding this to Ubuntu-ph list <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

maybe someone on the list has some time to spent on debian-installer
translation?
I know this is a Ubuntu list, but since Ubuntu is based on Debian, Ubuntu would
benefit from Debian translations as well. So maybe someone here is willing to
help us?

You can use the Weblate webfrontend for translating:
https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/debian-installer/

Holger

> Holger Wansing <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm currently trying to get translations updated for our debian-installer for
> > Buster.
> > For your language the translation has some work to do.
> >
> > Since you are noted as previous translator, I want to ask if you could take
> > some time to update it?
> > That would be really great!
> >
> > Repository is here: https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/d-i/trunk/packages/po/
> > Translation statistics can be found here: https://d-i.debian.org/l10n-stats/
>
> Please note, that a web interface (Weblate) is now online for some
> debian-installer translations:
> See https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/debian-installer/
>
> If you prefer to translate via such webinterface, feel free to do so now ;-)
>

> Best regards
> Holger

Re: debian-installer: call to update translations - Tagalog -- NOW WEBLATE ONLINE

Mon Sagullo-2
Just a thought... I believe that at least 90% of people in this archipelago who have decided to install any distro for that matter can very much use the English language distro,  Transtaling to Tagalog would be a not very time-worthy effort.