Re:in Natty 32 bit no microphone detection in Skype

Re:in Natty 32 bit no microphone detection in Skype

Rod Lovett
In Natty 32 bit no microphone detection in Skype on asus  P5G41C-M LXboard with intel G41 chipset and soundcard. Meekat and Lucid no problem on the same machine
Pretty mainstream desktop stuff but Natty in both ubuntu and Kubuntu flavours missed the boat with the microphone on my machine so bug what bug for you Scott K, looks like I skip Natty on my desktop machine. 4 now. A buggy intel driver this time around with no fix for this so far with sound but no recording.
So syonara Natty for now--unless someone can suggest something constructive.
Regards
Rod

What bug?  This is very likely hardware specific as the microphone that's built
into both my laptop and netbook work fine on Natty 32bit.

Scott K