Re: openSUSE conference 2018: fancy a weekend away in Prague?

Re: openSUSE conference 2018: fancy a weekend away in Prague?

Amey Abhyankar

On 15 May 2018 at 20:30, Liam Proven <[hidden email]> wrote:
The programme for this year's openSUSE conference has been published.

It's in Prague, Czechia, the last weekend of this month. The event is free and Prague is surprisingly cheap -- beer is £1.50 a pint and unlimited public transport is £3 a day.

That's in British pound :-)
Will be nice to know prices in Czech currency thanks.
British Pound value against INR is slightly greater than INR vs Czech currency

And there will be at least one Ubuntu user there... that is, me. :-)

Sure me too.
I use Ubuntu at work ENV whereas I use openSUSE at personal space & consultancy where SAP workloads run on Red Hat or SUSE Linux. ;-)

See you then

Regards,
Amey.

Apologies if anyone is upset by the spam. Merely plugging it 'cos I work for them and live here in Prague. There's nothing else in this for me personally.

I will shut up now.

Email: [hidden email] • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: [hidden email]
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053

Re: openSUSE conference 2018: fancy a weekend away in Prague?

Liam Proven
On Wed, 16 May 2018 at 07:56, Amey Abhyankar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's in British pound :-)
> Will be nice to know prices in Czech currency thanks.

Yes, it was, because I was posting to the UK Ubuntu Users list as well as
the global one. And although I have lived here for 4 years, I still convert
into GBP in my head to work out the real value of things.

A cheap beer in Prague is about CzK 35-39 and an expensive one maybe CzK 49
- 59.

Public transport tickets:
https://czech-transport.com/index.php?id=337

24 hours = CzK 110, slightly over £3.

> British Pound value against INR is slightly greater than INR vs Czech
currency

I did not know that, but then, I have never been to India yet.

> Sure me too.
> I use Ubuntu at work ENV whereas I use openSUSE at personal space &
consultancy where SAP workloads run on Red Hat or SUSE Linux. ;-)

That is the reverse of me, at least for now. Although with the
disappearance of Unity, I might switch distros at home, too. There is a bit
less mental effort involved in running the same thing everywhere, and I do
like SUSE's YAST program very much. No other distro has anything like it
any more.