Re: usplash with custom kernel

Matt Price-3
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 01:49:20AM +0300, Makurin Roman wrote:
> Hi All!
> How can I get usplash with my custom kernel ?
> I create kernel-image-[blah]_i386.deb  with command
> make-kpkg -initrd --revision=blah kernel_image
> then install it but on boot up there no usplash running
> What I need to do ?

don't have ubuntu running right here but have you checked the new
kernel entries in /boot/grub/menu.lst?  You may beed to pass a
usplash-specific parameter on the "kernel" line -- I see to rememberh
aving to do that.  Compare w/ the ubuntu-standard kernel & see what
you get.

Alternatively, there may be some framebuffer option that's requried
for usplash -- try

diff /boot/config-standard-kernel /boot/config-my-kernel

& see what's different...

matt

> Thanks

Matt Price    [hidden email]
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094