Quantcast

Regarding linux-tools

Rohan Kadekodi
Hello,

When I tried to run the perf performance analysis tool (which is a part of the kernel) on kernel v4.9.x or v4.10.x, I realized that the linux-tools package of the respective kernel versions on which it depends are not yet included in the Ubuntu repository. Also, I could not find them online to compile them on my own.

Is this because the linux-tools and linux-cloud-tools packages have not been updated for these versions of the kernel? Could I know approximately when they will be updated?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am running Ubuntu xenial.

-Rohan