Release-upgrade broke internet connection

Release-upgrade broke internet connection

Volker Wysk

Hi!

The hint, that /etc/resolv.conf should probably point to
/run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf was correct. The connection is back.

Now, my desktop (after being online again) sucks all the mail from my
mail provider, and places it in my local IMAP server (Dovecot). Which
doesn't work yet. There are problems with kmail. So, at the moment, I
don't have a working email connection any more. (Last, I've used a
webmail interface).

I have to repair my mail connection, before I can answer any mail.

Bye, and thanks for that hint!

Volker

Re: Release-upgrade broke internet connection

Tom H-4
On Wed, Oct 3, 2018 at 9:11 PM Volker Wysk <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The hint, that /etc/resolv.conf should probably point to
> /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf was correct. The connection is back.

Good. The resolvconf symlink should've probably been changed by the
upgrade (if allowed by policy!). I also don't see the point of
resolvconf not being removed given the current setup with resolv.conf
pointing to a systemd-resolve-created file in "/run".