Resources on packaging.ubuntu.com getting 404 error

Resources on packaging.ubuntu.com getting 404 error

Dmitry Shachnev-2
Hi all!

Thanks to Simon Quigley, we now have the content of Ubuntu Packaging Guide
cleaned and updated to the current development practices. However there is
a problem with the index page, which is outside our control (not in Bzr).

The problem is that the index page (http://packaging.ubuntu.com/) references
many resources (CSS, JS, images) on http://developer.ubuntu.com/ which no
longer exist there.

Is it possible to make a 301 redirect from the index page to /html/ so that
we can add all the needed information there? I think it would be the easiest
solution.

--
Dmitry Shachnev

Re: Resources on packaging.ubuntu.com getting 404 error

Daniel Holbach-2
Hello,

I think it should be possible to fix this in
lp:~ubuntu-packaging-guide-team/+junk/update-packaging-guide. Somebody
with access to the right server would need to push this though.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

On 07.09.2017 11:30, Dmitry Shachnev wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Thanks to Simon Quigley, we now have the content of Ubuntu Packaging Guide
> cleaned and updated to the current development practices. However there is
> a problem with the index page, which is outside our control (not in Bzr).
>
> The problem is that the index page (http://packaging.ubuntu.com/) references
> many resources (CSS, JS, images) on http://developer.ubuntu.com/ which no
> longer exist there.
>
> Is it possible to make a 301 redirect from the index page to /html/ so that
> we can add all the needed information there? I think it would be the easiest
> solution.
>
> --
> Dmitry Shachnev

Re: Resources on packaging.ubuntu.com getting 404 error

Dmitry Shachnev-2
Hi Daniel!

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 08:20:36AM +0200, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think it should be possible to fix this in
> lp:~ubuntu-packaging-guide-team/+junk/update-packaging-guide. Somebody
> with access to the right server would need to push this though.

Thanks for reminding me about that branch!

I have now updated index.html, it uses the same CSS as the packaging guide
itself, and no longer relies on external resources.

Now, who can update the website for me?

--
Dmitry Shachnev