Restrictions with iptables

Ritah Mulinde
Hello
I need to restrict telnet/ssh access for a user account on my ubuntu 16.04.5 to devices on a particular network but they should be able to access the entire WWW.

Thanks
Ryta

Re: Restrictions with iptables

Colin Law

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018, 09:06 Ritah Mulinde, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello..Any help on this??.. Iam stuck

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 5:22 PM Ritah Mulinde <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello
I need to restrict telnet/ssh access for a user account on my ubuntu 16.04.5 to devices on a particular network but they should be able to access the entire WWW.

I presume you have tried Google for this. What have you got so far and in what way does it not work?

Colin

Thanks
Ryta

Re: Restrictions with iptables

Ritah Mulinde
From the  googling i did,, i came up with using the users uid.

"iptables -D OUTPUT -o ens160  -m owner --uid-owner <usersuid> -s <ip> -j DROP"

But then it is not added  with error bad rule