Quantcast

Right hand words of sentences omitted in gmail

Right hand words of sentences omitted in gmail

Donald Parsons-2
Often a few words on the right end of sentences are omitted in the print out
This does not happen with other displays of text or of html
I have to copy the message to Libreoffice writer to get it all
Is there a fix?
Thanks
Donald Parsons

A solution:
Click onto the "new window" button (black box with diagonal arrow on upper right) before printing.
Donald Parsons

Re: Right hand words of sentences omitted in gmail

Bret Busby-2
On 14/03/2017, Donald Parsons <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Often a few words on the right end of sentences are omitted in the print
> out
> This does not happen with other displays of text or of html
> I have to copy the message to Libreoffice writer to get it all
> Is there a fix?
> Thanks
> Donald Parsons
>
> A solution:
>
> Click onto the "new window" button (black box with diagonal arrow on
> upper right) before printing.
>
> Donald Parsons

What web browser are you using to access gmail?

I am accessing gmail using Firefox running on UbuntuMATE 16.04, and,
to print a gmail message,  I use the Print link within gmail,  for the
message, which opens up a new tab, with a print-friendly version of
the message, and I then uuse the Print View function in Firefox, to
ensure that it looks okay, and, print from that.

With that, I do not get truncation.

Oh, and I am using the "basic HTML" interface within gmail.

--

Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."