SIM in Lenovo T430

Chris Green
I have a Lenovo T430 with Ubuntu 16.04, it's an excellent little laptop.

Does anyone know if Ubuntu can use the SIM slot in this laptop for data
and/or for making calls?  If so what software might I need to install?

--
Chris Green

Re: SIM in Lenovo T430

Petter Adsen-2
On 16/03/17 13:15, Chris Green wrote:
> I have a Lenovo T430 with Ubuntu 16.04, it's an excellent little laptop.
>
> Does anyone know if Ubuntu can use the SIM slot in this laptop for data
> and/or for making calls?  If so what software might I need to install?

Not the exact same model, but might be relevant?

http://askubuntu.com/questions/104703/laptop-sim-card-slot-not-recognized

Petter

Re: SIM in Lenovo T430

Chris Green
On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 01:36:09PM +0100, Petter Adsen wrote:

> On 16/03/17 13:15, Chris Green wrote:
> > I have a Lenovo T430 with Ubuntu 16.04, it's an excellent little laptop.
> >
> > Does anyone know if Ubuntu can use the SIM slot in this laptop for data
> > and/or for making calls?  If so what software might I need to install?
> >

> Not the exact same model, but might be relevant?
>
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/104703/laptop-sim-card-slot-not-recognized

Yes, thanks, it's a start anyway.

--
Chris Green

Re: SIM in Lenovo T430

Liam Proven
On 16 March 2017 at 15:19, Chris Green <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, thanks, it's a start anyway.

You know about ThinkWiki, right?

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:T430

Great source for info.