SIP to SIP on same computer?

Thufir Hawat
Is there a port collision, or other problem, with initiating SIP to SIP on
the same computer?  I'm using Linphone and Ring.  I'm not running
Asterisk.

thanks,

Thufir

Re: SIP to SIP on same computer?

W Stacy Lockwood
Both will want port 5060 TCP, no? Not sure if the two required UDP ports will be a problem on the same host.

On Dec 30, 2016 06:20, "Thufir Hawat" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a port collision, or other problem, with initiating SIP to SIP on the same computer?  I'm using Linphone and Ring.  I'm not running Asterisk.

thanks,

Thufir

Re: SIP to SIP on same computer?

J.Witvliet
Each client should be configured differently, one listening on 5060, one on something else, like 5062

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

> Op 30 dec. 2016 om 13:21 heeft Thufir Hawat <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Is there a port collision, or other problem, with initiating SIP to SIP on the same computer?  I'm using Linphone and Ring.  I'm not running Asterisk.
>

> thanks,
>
> Thufir

Re: SIP to SIP on same computer?

J.Witvliet
When dialing, specify the port, where the OTHER is listening on.
Only smart. Applications can deal with two aps on the same port.
Most programs can not, resulting in undefined behaviour, like race conditions, something to avoid.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 30 dec. 2016 om 14:37 heeft W Scott Lockwood III <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

Both will want port 5060 TCP, no? Not sure if the two required UDP ports will be a problem on the same host.

On Dec 30, 2016 06:20, "Thufir Hawat" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a port collision, or other problem, with initiating SIP to SIP on the same computer?  I'm using Linphone and Ring.  I'm not running Asterisk.

thanks,

Thufir

Re: SIP to SIP on same computer?

Thufir Hawat
Thanks, appreciated.  I was a bit tired and didn't try options.

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016, W Scott Lockwood III wrote:

> Both will want port 5060 TCP, no? Not sure if the two required UDP ports will be a problem on the same host.
>
> On Dec 30, 2016 06:20, "Thufir Hawat" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>       Is there a port collision, or other problem, with initiating SIP to SIP on the same computer?  I'm using Linphone and Ring.  I'm not running
>       Asterisk.

Re: SIP to SIP on same computer?

Oliver Grawert
hi,
Am Freitag, den 30.12.2016, 04:19 -0800 schrieb Thufir Hawat:
> Is there a port collision, or other problem, with initiating SIP to
> SIP on
> the same computer?

do you actually have two soundcards ? or is linphone able to use two
clients non-blocking on the same audio device ?

(i use the spreedme webrtc snap for in-house webrtc stuff and noticed
when testing it even with two different browsers on the same machine
one gets blocked device access, so testing in loopback with only one
sound device (or camera) is tricky, i would expect linphone to run into
the same prob here)

ciao
        oli

Re: SIP to SIP on same computer?

J.Witvliet
You don't need two traditional cards.
Multiple usb audio devices (head sets) also work nicely.

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016, Oliver Grawert wrote:

> hi,
> Am Freitag, den 30.12.2016, 04:19 -0800 schrieb Thufir Hawat:
>> Is there a port collision, or other problem, with initiating SIP to
>> SIP on
>> the same computer?
>
> do you actually have two soundcards ? or is linphone able to use two
> clients non-blocking on the same audio device ?

I was doing linphone to jitsi, but just for chat instant messaging.

I finally gave up and set up SIP on an IP phone, SPA 942 which is an old
linksys/cisco hard phone.  Between that hardphone and an Android tablet
SIP voice works fine, or well enough at least.

This was using free SIP accounts.

On this computer I can't seem to get much going, the different clients all
complain about ports even after changing it from 5060 to something else.

Everything's on the same home network.  I'll take a look at router, but...

Is there perhaps a CLI tool to test ports on the router?  knock?  Or, does
that start to get complex?

-Thufir