SRU request for #253347

Amit Kucheria-3
Update wimax drivers for out-of-box support

https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+bug/253347

SRU justification: Stability fixes to the wimax driver and getting it
to really work out-of-the-box.

Fixes:
The following changes need to be made:
* Update driver version from 1.1 to 1.2.5 in LUM (www.linuxwimax.org)
- http://people.ubuntu.com/~amitk/0001-UBUNTU-Update-Intel-wimax-driver-to-1.2.5.patch
* Add motorola firmware in LUM -
http://people.ubuntu.com/~amitk/0002-UBUNTU-Add-firmware-for-Motorola-wimax-card-i2400m.patch
* Add support for wimax network headers in linux
* Add support for wimax rfkill in linux

TEST CASE: Since we don't have out-of-the-box wimax support yet, test
case is to verify that wimax functionality works correctly when a card
is connected.

0001-UBUNTU-rfkill-add-the-WiMAX-radio-type.patch (4K) Download Attachment
0002-UBUNTU-if_arp-add-a-WiMax-pseudo-header.patch (1K) Download Attachment

Re: SRU request for #253347

Ben Collins-4
On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 11:08 +0300, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> Update wimax drivers for out-of-box support
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.24/+bug/253347
>
> SRU justification: Stability fixes to the wimax driver and getting it
> to really work out-of-the-box.

ACK

> Fixes:
> The following changes need to be made:
> * Update driver version from 1.1 to 1.2.5 in LUM (www.linuxwimax.org)
> - http://people.ubuntu.com/~amitk/0001-UBUNTU-Update-Intel-wimax-driver-to-1.2.5.patch
> * Add motorola firmware in LUM -
> http://people.ubuntu.com/~amitk/0002-UBUNTU-Add-firmware-for-Motorola-wimax-card-i2400m.patch
> * Add support for wimax network headers in linux
> * Add support for wimax rfkill in linux
>
> TEST CASE: Since we don't have out-of-the-box wimax support yet, test
> case is to verify that wimax functionality works correctly when a card
> is connected.

Re: SRU request for #253347

Stefan Bader-2