SRU verification - plasma 5.9.5 update for Zesty

SRU verification - plasma 5.9.5 update for Zesty

Rik Mills-2
Hi.

The SRU verification for plasma 5.9.5 to zesty updates for zesty remains
outstanding, and needs to be done if we with this update to go ahead
into the archive.

The bug to verify on is here:

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1687444

SRU verification procedure is here

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/PerformingSRUVerification

If not verified, these updates will eventually be deleted.

Thank you.

Rik.

Re: SRU verification - plasma 5.9.5 update for Zesty

Rik Mills-2
Final call from me.

I have been asked by release team about  the status on this. If no one
can test on zesty real hardware (I can't) then going to have to let
these updates die.

(they are in our updates ppa BTW)

Regards

Rik

On 29/06/17 06:17, Rik Mills wrote:

> Hi.
>
> The SRU verification for plasma 5.9.5 to zesty updates for zesty remains
> outstanding, and needs to be done if we with this update to go ahead
> into the archive.
>
> The bug to verify on is here:
>
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1687444
>
> SRU verification procedure is here
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/PerformingSRUVerification
>
> If not verified, these updates will eventually be deleted.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Rik.

Re: SRU verification - plasma 5.9.5 update for Zesty

Nils Kassube-2
Rik Mills wrote:
> Final call from me.
>
> I have been asked by release team about  the status on this. If no one
> can test on zesty real hardware (I can't) then going to have to let
> these updates die.

Maybe you should send the request for testing to the kubuntu-users list.
I suppose there may be some people interested to get the update and
willing to test it.

Nils

Re: SRU verification - plasma 5.9.5 update for Zesty

Mitch Golden
How many hours would you estimate to check? It looks like a lot of stuff
to test, and quite a bit of digging to figure out what to check.

Is there a particular set of hardware to use?

   - Mitch Golden

On 07/11/2017 08:29 AM, Rik Mills wrote:

> Final call from me.
>
> I have been asked by release team about  the status on this. If no one
> can test on zesty real hardware (I can't) then going to have to let
> these updates die.
>
> (they are in our updates ppa BTW)
>
> Regards
>
> Rik
>
> On 29/06/17 06:17, Rik Mills wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> The SRU verification for plasma 5.9.5 to zesty updates for zesty remains
>> outstanding, and needs to be done if we with this update to go ahead
>> into the archive.
>>
>> The bug to verify on is here:
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1687444
>>
>> SRU verification procedure is here
>>
>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/PerformingSRUVerification
>>
>> If not verified, these updates will eventually be deleted.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Rik.

Fwd: [Kubuntu-council] SRU verification - plasma 5.9.5 update for Zesty

Valorie Zimmerman-3
Hello folks, Rik sent this to the -devel list a few days ago, but has
gotten no volunteers to do the testing. This is sad to see. Is anyone
here running Zesty who can step up? If so, please CC the -devel list.
I'm not sure Rik is on the user list.

Valorie

The SRU verification for plasma 5.9.5 to zesty updates for zesty remains
outstanding, and needs to be done if we with this update to go ahead
into the archive.

The bug to verify on is here:

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1687444

SRU verification procedure is here

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/PerformingSRUVerification

If not verified, these updates will eventually be deleted.

Thank you.

Rik.

He added later: "Final call from me.