Server Guide : Windows Networking

Brian Shumate
Hi,

I have written a wee bit on the Windows Networking piece, and wanted
to submit what I have to ensure I am on the right track, gather
critique, etc.

Also, I am trying to stay within the defined structure of the
document, and so I am now at the

<sect2 id="windows-networking-server" status="writing">
         <title>Server</title>

part, and not entirely sure what this particular portion should be
about.  Bhuvan, can you give me a pointer on that part please?

I will try to complete Windows Networking piece today, or tomorrow.

Thanks!

Brian

windows-networking.xml.diff (4K) Download Attachment
PGP.sig (161 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Server Guide : Windows Networking

Bhuvaneswaran A
Great work once again, except it calls for pretty minor change.

> <sect2 id="windows-networking-server" status="writing">
>          <title>Server</title>
>
> part, and not entirely sure what this particular portion should be
> about.  Bhuvan, can you give me a pointer on that part please?

In this section, we must provide details about server tools, samba
server, ldap server, etc. In the earlier section,
'windows-networking-introduction', we can just introduce them to these
processes. You're requested to make appropriate amendments in your
patch.

Bhuvaneswaran
www.symonds.net/~bhuvan/
GPG: 0x7A13E5B0

Re: Server Guide : Windows Networking

Brian Shumate

Re: Server Guide : Windows Networking

Brian Shumate

Re: Server Guide : Windows Networking

Bhuvaneswaran A
> <sect2 id="windows-networking-clients" status="writing">

You can explain how to access the shared folders in MS Windows from
ubuntu linux. For example, you may explain about smbclient. You may
also explain about mount -t smbfs option.

Bhuvaneswaran
www.symonds.net/~bhuvan/
GPG: 0x7A13E5B0