Server team meeting minutes: 2017-03-28

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Server team meeting minutes: 2017-03-28

Robie Basak-4
== Meeting information ==
 * #ubuntu-meeting: ubuntu-server-meeting, 28 Mar at 16:03 — 16:23 UTC
 * Full logs at [[http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2017-03-28-16.03.log.html]]



== Meeting summary ==

=== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ===
The discussion about "Review ACTION points from previous meeting" started at 16:03.

  * ''ACTION:'' rbasak, powersj, cpaelzer to draft mysql triage response page like nginx has (carried over)
  * ''ACTION:'' smoser to write a release notes entry on cloud-init (ds-identify)
  * ''ACTION:'' nacc to write a release notes entry on ipv6 netboot
  * ''ACTION:'' nacc to write a server guide entry on ipv6 netboot
  * ''ACTION:'' rharper to write a server guide entry on v2 yaml support in cloud-init
  * ''ACTION:'' rharper to write a release notes entry on v2 yaml support in cloud-init
  * ''LINK:'' https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-aa-server-core 

=== Development Release ===
The discussion about "Development Release" started at 16:09.

  * ''LINK:'' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZestyZapus/ReleaseSchedule 
  * ''LINK:'' https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-z-server-core 
  * A week and a half to final freeze
  * Nothing further to discuss
 * '''Active work that may need wider communication''' (16:10)
  * Nothing that needs wider communication

=== Server & Cloud Bugs & SRU/Pending Uploads (caribou) ===
The discussion about "Server & Cloud Bugs & SRU/Pending Uploads (caribou)" started at 16:11.

  * SRUs from SEG: sssd, ebtables, ceph, nfs-utils, sosreport qemu, libvirt
  * SRUs are pending for sssd, ebtables, ceph, nfs-utils, sosreport, qemu and libvirt

=== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (powersj) ===
The discussion about "Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (powersj)" started at 16:13.

  * Last week reported server zesty beta ISO results, all good. Got pylint config merged into cloud-init and participated in server team bug day with a few bugs.
  * This week powersj needs to finish some bug day merge requests, looking at rbasak's merge for daily bug triage, and reorganize some of the Jenkins jobs.

=== Upcoming Call For Papers ===
The discussion about "Upcoming Call For Papers" started at 16:14.

  * ''LINK:'' https://lwn.net/Calendar/Monthly/cfp/ 
  * No upcoming CfPs were mentioned.

=== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee) ===
The discussion about "Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee)" started at 16:16.

  * Nothing to report.

=== Ubuntu Server Team Events ===
The discussion about "Ubuntu Server Team Events" started at 16:17.


=== Open Discussion ===
The discussion about "Open Discussion" started at 16:18.

  * nacc is going to have to help IS recreate old changelogs
  * ''LINK:'' https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postfix/+bug/1595096 
  * ''LINK:'' https://naccblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/usbsd-1-goals-inaugural-ubuntu-server-bug-squashing-day/ 
  * The Ubuntu Server Bug Squashing Day was successful; see https://naccblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/usbsd-1-goals-inaugural-ubuntu-server-bug-squashing-day/ for details.
  * We will have a sponsorship party tomorrow; please join if you are a contributor and need something sponsoring, or if you are a sponsor who can help. More details: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2017-March/039714.html

=== Announce next meeting date, time and chair ===
The discussion about "Announce next meeting date, time and chair" started at 16:22.

  * The next meeting will be at Tue 4 Apr 16:00:00 UTC 2017. gaughen will chair.

--
ubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...