Server team meeting minutes: 2017-09-19

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Server team meeting minutes: 2017-09-19

Christian Ehrhardt
== Meeting information ==
 * #ubuntu-meeting: ubuntu-server-team, 19 Sep at 16:01; 16:23 UTC
 * Full logs at [[http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2017/ubuntu-meeting.2017-09-19-16.01.log.html]]


== Meeting summary ==

=== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ===
The discussion about "Review ACTION points from previous meeting" started at 16:01.

  * ''ACTION:'' nacc to write a release notes entry on ipv6 netboot (carried over)
  * ''ACTION:'' nacc to write a server guide entry on ipv6 netboot (carried over)
  * ''ACTION:'' rbasak to add maintainership info to mysql triage page (carried over)

=== Artful Development ===
The discussion about "Artful Development" started at 16:03.

  * ''LINK:'' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtfulAardvark/ReleaseSchedule 
 * '''Current Work''' (16:03)
  * ''LINK:'' https://trello.com/b/U9HhWyT0/daily-ubuntu-server 
 * '''Release Bugs''' (16:03)
  * ''LINK:'' http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-aa-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server 
  * ''LINK:'' https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server/+bugs 
  * ''LINK:'' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZestyZapus/ReleaseNotes#Ubuntu_Server 
  * ''ACTION:'' nacc to consider http2 info in artful release notes
  * ''ACTION:'' cpaelzer to add a virt-stack release notes entry
  * ''ACTION:'' ahasenack add a release note entry on the bind9 key signing key change
  * ''LINK:'' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtfulAardvark/ReleaseNotes 
  * ''LINK:'' https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArtfulAardvark/ReleaseNotes 
  * ''ACTION:'' smoser to add a cloud init (and if there is something curtin) release notes entry for artful
Worth to mention are the bugs around the netplan-transition:
 * bug 1718227: replacement of ifupdown with netplan needs integration for  
   /etc/network/if{up,down}.d scripts
 * bug 1713803: replacement of resolvconf with systemd needs integration
 * bug 1717983: replacement of isc-dhcp-client with with systemd-networkd for 
   dhclient needs integration

=== Server & Cloud Bugs & SRU/Pending Uploads (slashd, ddstreet) ===
The discussion about "Server & Cloud Bugs & SRU/Pending Uploads (slashd, ddstreet)" started at 16:10.

  * ''LINK:'' http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-z-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server 
  * ''LINK:'' http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-x-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server 
  * ''LINK:'' http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/rls-mgr/rls-t-tracking-bug-tasks.html#ubuntu-server
  * Ryan Beisner is going to review the percona changes that were discussed
=== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (powersj) ===
The discussion about "Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (powersj)" started at 16:13.

  * ''LINK:'' https://jenkins.ubuntu.com/server/ 
  A KVM is now landed as cloud-init integration test backend, next will be an   
    actual cloud-provider
=== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee) ===
The discussion about "Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb, sforshee)" started at 16:15.
  * ''LINK:'' https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/4.13.0-11.12 
Still waiting on 4.13, available in proposed (see the link above)
=== Upcoming Call For Papers ===
The discussion about "Upcoming Call For Papers" started at 16:18.

  * ''LINK:'' https://lwn.net/Calendar/Monthly/cfp/ 
  * ''LINK:'' https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-announce/2017-September/000241.html 
  * The Open vSwitch project, a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project, will host its fourth annual conference focused on Open vSwitch and OVN on November 16 and 17, 2017, at Club Auto Sport in San Jose, California.
  * Please submit proposals to to the following URL by September 29: https://goo.gl/forms/erjZIQICXVjfUh863

=== Ubuntu Server Team Events ===
The discussion about "Ubuntu Server Team Events" started at 16:19.


=== Open Discussion ===
The discussion about "Open Discussion" started at 16:20.


=== Announce next meeting date, time and chair ===
The discussion about "Announce next meeting date, time and chair" started at 16:22.

  * Next meeting Tuesday, 2017-09-26 at 1600 UTC, chair will be rharper_sprinting

--
Christian Ehrhardt
Software Engineer, Ubuntu Server
Canonical Ltd

--
ubuntu-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel