Should dhclient be running all the time?

Should dhclient be running all the time?

Chris Green
I have a laptop running Ubuntu 17.10 (well, actually xubuntu but that
makes little difference to this) and I have a problem with dhcp.

The problem occurs when I move the laptop around and have to change
from one router's WiFi to another (we have quite a big house). What
happens is that dhcp seems to fail when connecting to the new router
and the WiFi on the laptop has no IP, DNS or default route.  I do the
change manually using the Network Manager applet, i.e. I 'Disconnect'
wireless and then 'Connect' to a different SSID.

I've noticed that when this happens there is no dhclient running,
trying to run it from the command line it just hangs.  Usually if I
wait a minute or two and then retry the wireless connect everything
works OK.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong?

--
Chris Green

Re: Should dhclient be running all the time?

Hossein moradi fard
hi
first sorry for my bad English

you must set your router and Wifi access Point First For Handshake together , to handle connect devices .
then you can go every where you want and you do not disconnect.

Hossein

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 02:15:26AM +0430, Hossein moradi fard wrote:
> hi
> first sorry for my bad English
>
> you must set your router and Wifi access Point First For Handshake together
> , to handle connect devices .
> then you can go every where you want and you do not disconnect.

That won't help I'm afraid.  It's not a router and an access point
it's two routers.  In addition I don't get out of range of either
router when I'm close to the other one, I need to manually switch to
use the stronger signal.

--
Chris Green

Re: Should dhclient be running all the time?

Markus Weingärtner

Am 10.05.2018 um 12:21 schrieb Chris Green <[hidden email]>:

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 02:15:26AM +0430, Hossein moradi fard wrote:
hi
first sorry for my bad English

you must set your router and Wifi access Point First For Handshake together
, to handle connect devices .
then you can go every where you want and you do not disconnect.

That won't help I'm afraid.  It's not a router and an access point
it's two routers.  In addition I don't get out of range of either
router when I'm close to the other one, I need to manually switch to
use the stronger ...

Hi,

It seems to be a Problem like this?

I know it is a very old thread, but perhaps it could help.

--

Regards

Markus

Home: https://markus-blog.de