Should the Ubuntu Serverguide be published in languages other than English?

Should the Ubuntu Serverguide be published in languages other than English?

Doug Smythies
Hi All,

Over the years, we have had feedback that system administrators
prefer the English version of the serverguide, even if English
is not their first language.

Changes are probably pending for the way the source code for the
serverguide is managed and edited, as we (well Canonical, actually)
attempt to make it easier for subject matter experts to contribute.

So the question is: Is there actual demand for publication in
additional languages besides U.S. English?

We already know the answer for the Dutch translation team. No. [1]
We also know that most teams don't actually translate it (from
the translations statistics page [2]).

Only French, Russian, and Italian used to keep translations
somewhat up-to-date, but not lately. Anyway, it would be good
to hear from those teams on this subject.

... Doug

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/2017-December/007428.html
[2] https://translations.launchpad.net/serverguide

AK

Re: Should the Ubuntu Serverguide be published in languages other than English?

AK
Hi, Doug!
I've been one of few translators of Server guide to Russian, but last year I've migrated from Ubuntu to some other Linux distributive and given up translation. No new translations from that time, so it seems that nobody else wants to continue it. But I wrote today to Russian Ubuntu forum and asked if somebody wants to do it.

Best luck,
Aleksey.

Вторник, 2 октября 2018, 3:50 +03:00 от Doug Smythies <[hidden email]>:

[...]

Алексей Кабанов