Sites Update

RJ Ian S. Sevilla
Hello Guys,

Just an update...seems like everybody is busy.. hehehe just wanted to say that the site is outdated again.. Also the forum is dead hehe... a lot of question is pending ..

Regards,

Rj Ian S. Sevilla
YM: rjian_sevilla
Email: [hidden email], [hidden email]
OpenGPG Key: 4EEA3424

Re: Sites Update

Jerome Gotangco-2
On 9/18/07, RJ Ian S. Sevilla <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just an update...seems like everybody is busy.. hehehe just wanted to say
> that the site is outdated again.. Also the forum is dead hehe... a lot of
> question is pending ..

If someone can rise up to the challenge of maintaining it, please make
yourself known here and we'll arrange transfer of duties. This is an
entirely volunteer driven effort - if no one would really want to do
it, might as well shut down the site and remove old software that
might compromise the whole system.

--
Jerome

Re: Sites Update

Dax Solomon Umaming-2
On Tuesday 18 September 2007 14:41:39 RJ Ian S. Sevilla wrote:
> Just an update...seems like everybody is busy.. hehehe just wanted to say
> that the site is outdated again.. Also the forum is dead hehe... a lot of
> question is pending ..

I'll see what I can do, however, here's what I have in mind:

1) Get the template Aaron's working on and improve it. I'll place it on an SVN
repository and give anyone commit access to those willing to work with me.
2) Use the template
3) Update Drupal - pending Zak's approval
4) Update the Wikipages, I've seen a couple of badly outdated pages.
5) go get the Forum RSS and let Igobot announce new threads/questions in
#ubuntu-ph in the hopes that someone would care enough to look.
6) Juan Carlos' working on an SFD blog, maybe he could cross-post it to the
front page.
and
7) author a help wiki page/directory linked to various wiki articles in the
help.ubuntu.com for new users.

I'd also like to ask for inputs on how to increase activity on our beloved
site. Anyone?

--
Dax Solomon Umaming
http://knightlust.com/

Re: Sites Update

franz see
what should be maintained there? maybe it would be easier if the whole
thing is on wiki :-)

On 9/18/07, Dax Solomon Umaming <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 September 2007 14:41:39 RJ Ian S. Sevilla wrote:
> > Just an update...seems like everybody is busy.. hehehe just wanted to say
> > that the site is outdated again.. Also the forum is dead hehe... a lot of
> > question is pending ..
>
> I'll see what I can do, however, here's what I have in mind:
>
> 1) Get the template Aaron's working on and improve it. I'll place it on an SVN
> repository and give anyone commit access to those willing to work with me.
> 2) Use the template
> 3) Update Drupal - pending Zak's approval
> 4) Update the Wikipages, I've seen a couple of badly outdated pages.
> 5) go get the Forum RSS and let Igobot announce new threads/questions in
> #ubuntu-ph in the hopes that someone would care enough to look.
> 6) Juan Carlos' working on an SFD blog, maybe he could cross-post it to the
> front page.
> and
> 7) author a help wiki page/directory linked to various wiki articles in the
> help.ubuntu.com for new users.
>
> I'd also like to ask for inputs on how to increase activity on our beloved
> site. Anyone?
>
> --
> Dax Solomon Umaming
> http://knightlust.com/
> GPG: 0x715C3547

Re: Sites Update

Bugzilla from carlosdgtorres@gmail.com
On Tuesday 18 September 2007 2:41:39 pm RJ Ian S. Sevilla wrote:
> Just an update...seems like everybody is busy.. hehehe just wanted to say
> that the site is outdated again.. Also the forum is dead hehe... a lot of
> question is pending ..

Grabbing the opportunity again to ask if we should move the forums over to
ubuntuforums.org, seeing that we are already short on manpower with regards
to our website. So far got +3 votes and no negative votes yet.

Re: Sites Update

franz see
here's another one ~> +1 :-)

On 9/18/07, Juan Carlos Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday 18 September 2007 2:41:39 pm RJ Ian S. Sevilla wrote:
> > Just an update...seems like everybody is busy.. hehehe just wanted to say
> > that the site is outdated again.. Also the forum is dead hehe... a lot of
> > question is pending ..
>
> Grabbing the opportunity again to ask if we should move the forums over to
> ubuntuforums.org, seeing that we are already short on manpower with regards
> to our website. So far got +3 votes and no negative votes yet.

Re: Sites Update

Re Alvarez-4
+1 here too..no sense runnin separate forums.