Skype and Kubuntu 5.10

Ray Miller-2

Had problems (libs) with Skype and Kubuntu-5.04

Has this been resolved with 5.10 ?

Also, anybody with success of  pcmcia Bluetooth (zoom) and Kubuntu ? Couldn’t get it to work on 5.04.

Ray

Re: Skype and Kubuntu 5.10

Steve Turnbull-3
On Friday 11 November 2005 23:13, Ray Miller wrote:
> Had problems (libs) with Skype and Kubuntu-5.04
From Skype, download the static version. You can unpack the file to somewhere
like /usr/local/ and create a new menu item to it. Works on 5.04 and 5.10

> Has this been resolved with 5.10 ?
No, not for me at least

> Also, anybody with success of  pcmcia Bluetooth (zoom) and Kubuntu ?
> Couldn't get it to work on 5.04.
No, it also interfeared with my wireless connection on my laptop.

I wrote a thread on the Kubuntu forum explaining my upgrade problems, 5.04 was
very stable for me, 5.10 less so. Have a look;

http://kubuntuforums.net/index.php?topic=1540.0

Cheers
Steve

--