Some applications use the selected theme, some don't

Some applications use the selected theme, some don't

Luca Olivetti
Hello,

since I upgraded kubuntu to 18.10 one thing that annoys me is that a
couple of applications (specifically gimp and krita) use a dark theme,
regardless of the theme I selected (breeze).
I selected breeze everywhere I could: as desktop theme, colour scheme,
application style and gnome applications style (I'm not sure about those
names, I'm using a localized version of kde).
I could understand if it happened only for gtk applications, but firefox
and thunderbird show correctly, and krita is a kde application.
Bug or operator error?
If the latter, how do I correct it?

Bye
--
LUca

Re: Some applications use the selected theme, some don't

Rik Mills-2
On 29/11/2018 10:02, Luca Olivetti wrote:

> Hello,
>
> since I upgraded kubuntu to 18.10 one thing that annoys me is that a
> couple of applications (specifically gimp and krita) use a dark theme,
> regardless of the theme I selected (breeze).
> I selected breeze everywhere I could: as desktop theme, colour scheme,
> application style and gnome applications style (I'm not sure about those
> names, I'm using a localized version of kde).
> I could understand if it happened only for gtk applications, but firefox
> and thunderbird show correctly, and krita is a kde application.
> Bug or operator error?
> If the latter, how do I correct it?
>
> Bye

Hi.

Krita and Gimp have their own UI colour scheme theme settings, which
AFAIK override the system ones.

Krita: https://i.imgur.com/YejlB0O.png
Gimp: https://i.imgur.com/a1qkc8t.png

Hope that is the issue, and that changing the in app setting helps.

Rik

Re: Some applications use the selected theme, some don't

Luca Olivetti
El 29/11/18 a les 11:13, Rik Mills ha escrit:

> On 29/11/2018 10:02, Luca Olivetti wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> since I upgraded kubuntu to 18.10 one thing that annoys me is that a
>> couple of applications (specifically gimp and krita) use a dark theme,
>> regardless of the theme I selected (breeze).
>> I selected breeze everywhere I could: as desktop theme, colour scheme,
>> application style and gnome applications style (I'm not sure about those
>> names, I'm using a localized version of kde).
>> I could understand if it happened only for gtk applications, but firefox
>> and thunderbird show correctly, and krita is a kde application.
>> Bug or operator error?
>> If the latter, how do I correct it?
>>
>> Bye
>

> Hi.
>
> Krita and Gimp have their own UI colour scheme theme settings, which
> AFAIK override the system ones.
>
> Krita: https://i.imgur.com/YejlB0O.png
> Gimp: https://i.imgur.com/a1qkc8t.png
>
> Hope that is the issue, and that changing the in app setting helps.

Thank you! That was it. Is that something new?
I'm just an occasional user of both programs, so I never needed to touch
the "settings" menu. Actually, I checked it summarily but I couldn't
find those options (OTOH I found the single window mode in gimp), so,
thank you again.

Bye
--
Luca