Sound in Breezy

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Sound in Breezy

Keith Powell
In the Hoary Ubuntu Guide, there is a section on "How to configure sound
to work properly in GNOME".

Does this apply to Breezy as well, or have the sound problems been fixed
in the latest Gnome?

Don't want to wade through it all if it's not needed!

Many thanks

Keith

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sound in Breezy

Chris Peterman
Sound problems still exist somewhat in Breezy, and that guide still
applies :D

But see if going to "Multimedia Settings" and changing the output sound
daemon to ALSA works first

~ Chris

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 16:27 +0000, Keith Powell wrote:

> In the Hoary Ubuntu Guide, there is a section on "How to configure sound
> to work properly in GNOME".
>
> Does this apply to Breezy as well, or have the sound problems been fixed
> in the latest Gnome?
>
> Don't want to wade through it all if it's not needed!
>
> Many thanks
>
> Keith
>

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sound in Breezy

Daniel T Chen
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:03:38PM -0500, Chris Peterman wrote:
> Sound problems still exist somewhat in Breezy, and that guide still
> applies :D

What sort of sound problems?
--
Daniel T. Chen            [hidden email]
GPG key:   www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

attachment0 (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sound in Breezy

Chris Peterman
I personally haven't had any (Then again this install has been around
for a couple months and I solved the problems back while Breezy was in
devel) but judging by the Forums, shades of ESD still lurk. Usually
giving them that guide solves it

~ Chris

On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 09:58 -0800, [hidden email] wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 12:03:38PM -0500, Chris Peterman wrote:
> > Sound problems still exist somewhat in Breezy, and that guide still
> > applies :D
>
> What sort of sound problems?

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

signature.asc (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sound in Breezy

Keith Powell
In reply to this post by Chris Peterman
Chris Peterman wrote:

>Sound problems still exist somewhat in Breezy, and that guide still
>applies :D
>
>But see if going to "Multimedia Settings" and changing the output sound
>daemon to ALSA works first
>
>~ Chris
>
>On Fri, 2005-11-04 at 16:27 +0000, Keith Powell wrote:
>  
>
>>In the Hoary Ubuntu Guide, there is a section on "How to configure sound
>>to work properly in GNOME".
>>
>>Does this apply to Breezy as well, or have the sound problems been fixed
>>in the latest Gnome?
>>
>>Don't want to wade through it all if it's not needed!
>>
>>Many thanks
>>
Thanks, Chris, for your reply.

I'll investigate the Multimedia Settings over the week-end and see what
that does. Otherwise it's following the Ubuntu Guide.

Cheers

Keith

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sound in Breezy

Mailing Lists - SBC
In reply to this post by Chris Peterman

On Nov 4, 2005, at 12:03, Chris Peterman wrote:

> Sound problems still exist somewhat in Breezy, and that guide still
> applies :D
>
> But see if going to "Multimedia Settings" and changing the output  
> sound
> daemon to ALSA works first
>


I am having a bit of a sound problem...I don't have any. Nothing at  
all coming through speakers, and I have built in sound on mother  
board. I have not been able to figure this one out....

help...someone...please...

Thanks

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sound in Breezy

Daniel T Chen
On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 11:00:47PM -0500, Mailing Lists - SBC wrote:
> I am having a bit of a sound problem...I don't have any. Nothing at  
> all coming through speakers, and I have built in sound on mother  
> board. I have not been able to figure this one out....
>
> help...someone...please...

You should provide more information. What is the output from:

lspci -v|grep -i audio
cat /proc/asound/cards
amixer
--
Daniel T. Chen            [hidden email]
GPG key:   www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users

attachment0 (196 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Sound in Breezy

Mailing Lists - SBC

On Nov 5, 2005, at 01:30, [hidden email] wrote:

>> I am having a bit of a sound problem...I don't have any. Nothing at
>> all coming through speakers, and I have built in sound on mother
>> board. I have not been able to figure this one out....
>>
>> help...someone...please...
>
> You should provide more information. What is the output from:
>
> lspci -v|grep -i audio
> cat /proc/asound/cards
> amixer


sbchasin@HomeServer:~$ lspci -v | grep -i audio
sbchasin@HomeServer:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
cat: /proc/asound/cards: No such file or directory
sbchasin@HomeServer:~$ amixer
amixer: Mixer attach default error: No such file or directory
sbchasin@HomeServer:~$


any other info I can provide?

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users