Spelling error in location list during installation

Spelling error in location list during installation

Dan Shea
I'm guessing that this is where I have to send this... the bug reporting FAQ says 'misspelling and translation' errors should be sent to youse guys.

I have most recently seen this in the installation for 16.10, but it has been present in every version of Ubuntu that I have ever installed (as far back as 8.04 at least)

During the initial set up of the system, when it asks for your location/timezone, the city that I live in (Montreal) does not appear in the list.

It appears that it is listed as 'Mont-Royal', which is a misspelling of 'Mount-Royal' (a suburb of Montreal).

Thanks for your time.
Dan

Re: Spelling error in location list during installation

Ask Hjorth Larsen
Hi Dan

Which language are you using?

The standard package for timezone data, tzdata, has Montreal and does
not have Mount-Royal in any language for Ubuntu 16.04.  I don't know
from where Ubuntu gets its strings, or why it does not use the
standard tzdata package.

Best regards
Ask