Sponsorship Queue needs some love

Erich Eickmeyer-2
Hi all,

I've been tagging new packages as "needs-packaging" and subscribing the
ubuntu-sponsors team to these bugs, but they aren't showing up in the
sponsorship queue (http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sponsoring/). I don't
know what I'm doing wrong, but these packages need sponsoring:

https://launchpad.net/bugs/1829562
https://launchpad.net/bugs/1831154

These are new packages intended for Ubuntu Studio. lintian --pedantic shows no
errors with either the source or binaries. As such, these should be relatively
easy packages to sponsor.

I would appreciate it if someone could look these over and sponsor them.

Thanks!
Erich
----
Erich Eickmeyer
Project Leader
Ubuntu Studio

ubuntustudio.org

Re: Sponsorship Queue needs some love

Brian Murray-5
On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 05:07:14PM -0700, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been tagging new packages as "needs-packaging" and subscribing the
> ubuntu-sponsors team to these bugs, but they aren't showing up in the
> sponsorship queue (http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sponsoring/). I don't
> know what I'm doing wrong, but these packages need sponsoring:
>
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1829562
> https://launchpad.net/bugs/1831154

I see both of these in the sponsorship report which was last updated on
"Fri, 31 May 2019 00:41:07 -0000".

--
Brian Murray

Re: Sponsorship Queue needs some love

Erich Eickmeyer-2
Hi Brian,

On Thu, 2019-05-30 at 17:50 -0700, Brian Murray wrote:

> I see both of these in the sponsorship report which was last updated
> on
> "Fri, 31 May 2019 00:41:07 -0000".
>
> --
> Brian Murray

I see them both now. I was informed by Thomas Ward that it takes a
little while to regenerate. Turns out the issue was that I had not
added the Ubuntu distro as being affected. This step isn't in the "New
Package" wiki entry, so that might need to be fixed. I can fix it, but
not sure if that's my place.

Erich
----

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 08:11:29AM -0700, Erich Eickmeyer wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> On Thu, 2019-05-30 at 17:50 -0700, Brian Murray wrote:
> >
> > I see both of these in the sponsorship report which was last updated
> > on
> > "Fri, 31 May 2019 00:41:07 -0000".
> >
> > --
> > Brian Murray
>
> I see them both now. I was informed by Thomas Ward that it takes a
> little while to regenerate. Turns out the issue was that I had not
> added the Ubuntu distro as being affected. This step isn't in the "New
> Package" wiki entry, so that might need to be fixed. I can fix it, but
> not sure if that's my place.

As you've discovered an Ubuntu bug task is required for an item to show
up on the sponsoring report. I briefly looked at the New Packages wiki
page[1] and the file bug links on it do create a bug about Ubuntu so the
page might be okay. That being said if you as a user of the page think
it would help to clarify that a needs-packaging bug must have an Ubuntu
bug task then feel free to add it!

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages

Brian Murray