Startup scripts not running on 16.10

Stefan Suurmeijer
Hi all,

I just upgraded to 16.10. Now I find some (not all) startup scripts are not executed on a reboot. Specifically for me, Samba (smbd/nmbd) and arno-iptables-firewall. I haven't found an obvious reason yet, still looking. Anyone else see this behavior or know where to look?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

Re: Startup scripts not running on 16.10

Leroy Tennison
On 03/17/2017 06:32 PM, Stefan Suurmeijer wrote:
Hi all,

I just upgraded to 16.10. Now I find some (not all) startup scripts are not
executed on a reboot. Specifically for me, Samba (smbd/nmbd) and
arno-iptables-firewall. I haven't found an obvious reason yet, still looking.
Anyone else see this behavior or know where to look?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

You didn't say what you upgraded from so this suggestion may be N/A, have you checked systemd?  'systemctl list-unit-files', are these scripts enabled?

Re: Startup scripts not running on 16.10

leleu
Je la 18/03/2017 00:32, Stefan Suurmeijer skribis :
> Hi all,
>
> I just upgraded to 16.10. Now I find some (not all) startup scripts
> are not executed on a reboot. Specifically for me, Samba (smbd/nmbd)
> and arno-iptables-firewall. I haven't found an obvious reason yet,
> still looking. Anyone else see this behavior or know where to look?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Stefan
Have you checked what appears in the menu
Outils système> Préférences>Applications au démarrage   ??

(this French menu opens gnome-session-properties )

I remember that I had to modify seme entries when I switched to ubuntu
16.10.