Status, 2.6.15-2.2, and so on

Ben Collins-3
In case you don't follow the buildd's like a stock market ticker,
2.6.15-2.2 was uploaded today. It built on x86 and amd64, and I had
succsessful reports from amd64 and x86 users.

THere were several reports (all within the first hour of availability):

- Usplash stopped working. I was able to peg this one on usplash :) Needed
  to tweak the ordering of the fbcon and related modules.

- ipw2200 firmware didn't load. -3.3 will have the newer firmware (already
  in git).

- Atmel USB driver did not exist. Got this one in, so exepct it in -3.3.

- FTBFS for powerpc. Fixed this. Needed to workaround a bug. Very minor.

So expect 2.6.15-3.3 by the end of tomorrow.

--
   Ben Collins <[hidden email]>
   Developer

Re: Status, 2.6.15-2.2, and so on

Fabio M. Di Nitto-2
Ben Collins wrote:

> - FTBFS for powerpc. Fixed this. Needed to workaround a bug. Very minor.

PPC users should be extra careful NOT to purge old kernels.

Upstream is in the middle of a big code cleanup/polish/reorganization phase and
it is known NOT to boot on all machines or NOT to work properly (specially in
32bit mode).

Fabio

Re: Status, 2.6.15-2.2, and so on

Ben Collins-3
On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 07:52:02AM +0100, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:

> Ben Collins wrote:
>

> > - FTBFS for powerpc. Fixed this. Needed to workaround a bug. Very minor.
>
> PPC users should be extra careful NOT to purge old kernels.
>
> Upstream is in the middle of a big code cleanup/polish/reorganization phase and
> it is known NOT to boot on all machines or NOT to work properly (specially in
> 32bit mode).

Well, one good note is that it works perfectly on my G4 (Grey case), with
airo card and ATI graphics. Been up for 36 hours now (my main desktop)
with no problems.

--
   Ben Collins <[hidden email]>
   Developer

Re: Status, 2.6.15-2.2, and so on

Dorneles Treméa
Hello Ben,

> In case you don't follow the buildd's like a stock market ticker,
> 2.6.15-2.2 was uploaded today. It built on x86 and amd64, and I had
> succsessful reports from amd64 and x86 users.
>
> THere were several reports (all within the first hour of availability):
>
> [...]

2.6.12 had a CVS copy from drivers/acpi/asus_acpi.c while the current
2.6.15 comes with the standard 0.29 version.

What's the policy here?

--

Dorneles Trem?a
X3ng Web Technology