Stop spamming other mailing lists

Ethan Evans
In regards to CommandFreeBSD’s little tantrum:

I’m also subscribed on the Manjaro general mailing list, and I saw you put out the exact same message there. I suppose your faux outrage is somewhat topical over here. But I don’t understand why you should concern people with it over at the other mailing lists you’ve spammed.

[quote] I am revolted against the injustice of Ubuntu Forums administrators and
moderators .

I posted about the injustice of Ubuntu Forums administrators and moderators
in different mailing lists [end quote]

Your manufactured drama with this distributions’ forums and forum admins seems entirely out of place on other mailing lists.

Re: Stop spamming other mailing lists

Command FreeBSD
I am really revolted against the injustice of Ubuntu Forums administrators and moderators .

I posted about the injustice of Ubuntu Forums administrators and moderators in different mailing lists:

http://lists.dragonflybsd.org/pipermail/users/2018-December/358034.html

Em sex, 21 de dez de 2018 15:08, Ethan Evans <[hidden email]> escreveu:
In regards to CommandFreeBSD’s little tantrum:

I’m also subscribed on the Manjaro general mailing list, and I saw you put out the exact same message there. I suppose your faux outrage is somewhat topical over here. But I don’t understand why you should concern people with it over at the other mailing lists you’ve spammed.

[quote] I am revolted against the injustice of Ubuntu Forums administrators and
moderators .

I posted about the injustice of Ubuntu Forums administrators and moderators
in different mailing lists [end quote]

Your manufactured drama with this distributions’ forums and forum admins seems entirely out of place on other mailing lists.

Re: Stop spamming other mailing lists

Dave Stevens
On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 15:21:10 -0300
Command FreeBSD <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am really revolted

no no, the word is "revolting." Isn't this a moderated list?

On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 15:21:10 -0300, Command FreeBSD wrote:
>I am really revolted against the injustice of Ubuntu Forums
>administrators and moderators .
>
>I posted about the injustice of Ubuntu Forums administrators and
>moderators in different mailing lists:

I didn't waste my time with reading everything. You basically seem to
provide crappy information. Indeed, don't run code you don't understand
from bizarr sources, even do never run "sudo make" just run "make",
however, backup everything to external drives, that are disconnected
when not doing a backup, so you don't need to worry. In case of a fork
bomb turn of the computer and start it again. An admin maintaining a
server never ever would accidentally run a bash fork bomb.

There were a lot of discussions, if it's ok to help people to bypass a
password, if they forgot their passwords, because this information
could be misused.

IMO the valid reason for moderation is not that such information could
be misused. IMO it's ok to remove such posts, since it's boring
to read the same information again and again. It is already posted a
thousand times and even wikipedia.org provides information regarding
fork bombs and Co..

Re: Stop spamming other mailing lists

ubuntu-users mailing list
PS: If you really want to help "newbies", consider to provide
real world pitfalls.

For example, somebody wants to remove a root privileged tree inside
of /tmp.

$ sudo rm -rI /tmp/ some_tree_inside_tmp/
                   ^by accident there could be a typo, such as an
                   unwanted space...
rm: remove 2 arguments recursively? n
$ sudo rm -rI /tmp/some_tree_inside_tmp/
rm: remove 1 argument recursively? y

...the _interactive_ options of shell commands could help to avoid such
mistakes.

I seriously doubt that a moderator would refuse such informative help
for beginners.