Strings Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal

Strings Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal

Игорь Зубарев
Hi All!

Where are these strings? Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal
Can't find

Re: Strings Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal

Yuri Chornoivan
понеділок, 9 вересня 2019 р. 13:29:33 EEST Игорь Зубарев написано:
> Hi All!
>
> Where are these strings? Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal
> Can't find

Hi,

I might be wrong (not an Ubuntu user) but it's unity and gnome-terminal,
respectively.

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/eoan/+source/unity/+pots/unity/ru/
+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=Show+Desktop

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/eoan/+source/gnome-terminal/+pots/
gnome-terminal/ru/+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=Open+in

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri

Re: Strings Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal

Игорь Зубарев
Yuri,

I see these strings in the context menu of Gnome desktop.
But unfortunately can't find

пн, 9 сент. 2019 г. в 15:39, Yuri Chornoivan <[hidden email]>:
понеділок, 9 вересня 2019 р. 13:29:33 EEST Игорь Зубарев написано:
> Hi All!
>
> Where are these strings? Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal
> Can't find

Hi,

I might be wrong (not an Ubuntu user) but it's unity and gnome-terminal,
respectively.

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/eoan/+source/unity/+pots/unity/ru/
+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=Show+Desktop

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/eoan/+source/gnome-terminal/+pots/
gnome-terminal/ru/+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=Open+in

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri

Re: Strings Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal

Yuri Chornoivan
понеділок, 9 вересня 2019 р. 20:06:22 EEST Игорь Зубарев написано:
> Yuri,
>
> I see these strings in the context menu of Gnome desktop.
> But unfortunately can't find

Igor,

It is very hard to guess this way. Please use something similar to

grep -Ril "Show Desktop" /usr

(there might be "_" before the underlined letter in the popup menu)

Then use

apt-file search file_name

to determine the package.

It is not some default GNOME package. You can download the complete GNOME
translation package

https://l10n.gnome.org/languages/ru/gnome-3-34/ui.tar.gz

to be certain. At least, I failed to find other than proposed earlier
inclusions of your strings in Ukrainian translation package. It might be some
outdated GNOME string though (you didn't tell us the version of Ubuntu you are
using).

Best regards,
Yuri

> пн, 9 сент. 2019 г. в 15:39, Yuri Chornoivan <[hidden email]>:
> > понеділок, 9 вересня 2019 р. 13:29:33 EEST Игорь Зубарев написано:
> > > Hi All!
> > >
> > > Where are these strings? Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal
> > > Can't find
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I might be wrong (not an Ubuntu user) but it's unity and gnome-terminal,
> > respectively.
> >

> > https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/eoan/+source/unity/+pots/unity/r
> > u/ +translate?batch=10&show=all&search=Show+Desktop
> > <https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/eoan/+source/unity/+pots/unity/
> > ru/+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=Show+Desktop>
> >

> > https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/eoan/+source/gnome-terminal/+pot
> > s/ gnome-terminal/ru/+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=Open+in
> > <https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/eoan/+source/gnome-terminal/+po
> > ts/gnome-terminal/ru/+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=Open+in>
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Yuri

Re: Strings Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2019-09-09 19:06, Игорь Зубарев wrote:
> I see these strings in the context menu of Gnome desktop.
> But unfortunately can't find

There is not *one* context menu - there are plenty of them.

If I open "Files" and right click a folder, I see the option "Open in
Terminal", and as Yuri said that string is available for translation in
the gnome-terminal package.

"Show Desktop" does not exist in standard GNOME 3 AFAIK. If you see it,
please explain where. "The context menu of GNOME desktop" is not a
sufficient explanation.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

Re: Strings Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal

Игорь Зубарев
I use Ubuntu 19.04. When I right click on the Gnome desktop I see these options.

On 2019-09-09 19:06, Игорь Зубарев wrote:
> I see these strings in the context menu of Gnome desktop.
> But unfortunately can't find

There is not *one* context menu - there are plenty of them.

If I open "Files" and right click a folder, I see the option "Open in
Terminal", and as Yuri said that string is available for translation in
the gnome-terminal package.

"Show Desktop" does not exist in standard GNOME 3 AFAIK. If you see it,
please explain where. "The context menu of GNOME desktop" is not a
sufficient explanation.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

Re: Strings Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal

Alexey Balmashnov
It looks like these strings are from /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/desktop-icons@csoriano/desktopGrid.js

A.

On 2019-09-09 22:51, Alexey Balmashnov wrote:
> It looks like these strings are from
> /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/desktop-icons@csoriano/desktopGrid.js

Good catch! And that file is installed via the
gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons package.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

Re: Strings Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal

Игорь Зубарев
This package does not present in Launchpad. So these strings aren't translatible in Russian in Ubuntu 19.04 and higher.

How we can solve it?

On 2019-09-10 11:40, Игорь Зубарев wrote:
> This package does not present in Launchpad.

Yes it's present in Launchpad.

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons

But it's best to translate it upstream:

https://l10n.gnome.org/module/desktop-icons/

10 вересня 2019, 12:57:53, від "Игорь Зубарев" <[hidden email]>:

> This package does not present in Launchpad. So these strings aren't translatible in Russian in Ubuntu 19.04 and higher.
>
> How we can solve it?

1. Just put your translation on Damned Lies

https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/desktop-icons/master/po/ru/

(do not forget to check the field to send the message into the corresponding translation list)

2. Wait for coordinator to approve your translation.

3. Add an issue to re-release the extension

https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/ShellExtensions/desktop-icons/issues

4. Ask Ubuntu maintainer to update the package to the new released version.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yuri

> пн, 9 сент. 2019 г., 23:56 Gunnar Hjalmarsson <[hidden email]>:
> > On 2019-09-09 22:51, Alexey Balmashnov wrote:
> > > It looks like these strings are from
> > > /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/desktop-icons@csoriano/desktopGrid.js
> >
> > Good catch! And that file is installed via the
> > gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons package.
> >
> > --
> > Gunnar Hjalmarsson
> > https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

Re: Strings Show Desktop in Files and Open in Terminal

Игорь Зубарев
Thanks a lot!
It seems this is a bug of translation. Because both strings are translated but not showing in Russian in 19.04. The latest translation was in June, but didn't arrived in 19.04

Should I create a bug report?

On 2019-09-11 08:37, Игорь Зубарев wrote:
> It seems this is a bug of translation. Because both strings are
> translated but not showing in Russian in 19.04. The latest
> translation was in June, but didn't arrived in 19.04

That does not indicate a bug. There hasn't been any language pack
updates for 19.04 since it was released.

I just confirmed that the strings are correctly shown in Swedish.

> Should I create a bug report?

I think you should first run a Russian live session on a daily build of
Ubuntu 19.10. The strings ought to show up translated there. If not, a
bug report may be motivated.