Sunday 2017-11-05 23:00 UTC: Service Affecting Firewall Maintenance

Sunday 2017-11-05 23:00 UTC: Service Affecting Firewall Maintenance

Paul Gear
Hi everyone,

On Sunday 2017-11-05 at 23:00 UTC we plan to perform some essential
maintenance on our firewalls.  We expect there to be a minute or two of
network interruption as we update them, which will affect many web
services like Canonical & Ubuntu web sites and blogs.  We expect to
complete this work by 00:00 UTC (1 hour later).

The progress of the updates will be communicated in #canonical-sysadmin
on Freenode IRC by myself (IRC nick blahdeblah). Please report any
issues you’re seeing there.

If you have any questions or comments, please contact the person listed
in the #canonical-sysadmin topic on Freenode.

Paul Gear
Site Reliability Engineer
Canonical - Information Systems

Wednesday 2017-11-08 23:00 UTC: Service Affecting Firewall Maintenance [NEW DATE]

Paul Gear
Hi everyone,

Due to a scheduling conflict, this work has been postponed until
Wednesday 2017-11-08 23:00 UTC.  All other details remain the same.