Testing for Xubuntu Introduction Session

Testing for Xubuntu Introduction Session

flocculant
Hi all,

following the recent blog post and social media posts we've seen an
upswing in new people washing up on our shores :)

Is there an appetite amongst the community for us to run a fairly
informal session on how you could join in?

We've got approximately 4 weeks between now and the start of Final Beta
and then Release Candidate that we could fit something in - I'll wait
for replies on either of the 2 lists - and we'll get something written
for social media posts.

cheers

Kev

Re: Testing for Xubuntu Introduction Session

Emery Fletcher
Unofficial test of Xubuntu Core 18.04 Beta 1

Tested the 09 March ISO written to USB

Computer: 2009-era Compaq, AMD CPU, BIOS, 3GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 6400 graphics

Used Try without installing, checked that existing install was
mountable, then chose Install

Partitioned as root and swap

Installed very quickly and successfully

On 3/9/18, flocculant <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> following the recent blog post and social media posts we've seen an
> upswing in new people washing up on our shores :)
>
> Is there an appetite amongst the community for us to run a fairly
> informal session on how you could join in?
>
> We've got approximately 4 weeks between now and the start of Final Beta
> and then Release Candidate that we could fit something in - I'll wait
> for replies on either of the 2 lists - and we'll get something written
> for social media posts.
>
> cheers
>
> Kev

Re: Testing for Xubuntu Introduction Session

Emery Fletcher
Tested the 20 March ISO of Xubuntu Core

Computer: 2009-era Compaq, AMD CPU, BIOS, 3GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 6400 graphics

Opened to Try without installing page
Checked that existing installation (Xubuntu Core from 09 March ISO)
was mountable
Chose Install from Icon
Chose Download Updates while installing
Chose "Something else" option, set up root and swap partitions
Noted that the usual "Warning: here's what it will look like when you
continue" (or words to that effect, showing the new partition table)
did not appear, it just went ahead and did it correctly
Installation went faster than ever: 23minutes start to end, despite slow DSL

Currently running well, will report if anything crashes