Texts from cryptroot-unlock not translatable

Texts from cryptroot-unlock not translatable

Øystein Steffensen-Alværvik
The wrapper script debian/initramfs/cryptroot-unlock contains texts that
are not translatable (at least I cannot find cryptroot-unlock on
translations.launchpad.net). An example is this text (shown upon boot
when disk has LUKS encryption): "Please unlock disk $CRYPTTAB_NAME".

Should I report this as a bug?

Øystein Steffensen-Alværvik

Re: Texts from cryptroot-unlock not translatable

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2019-09-07 15:37, Øystein Steffensen-Alværvik wrote:
> The wrapper script debian/initramfs/cryptroot-unlock contains texts
> that are not translatable (at least I cannot find cryptroot-unlock on
>  translations.launchpad.net). An example is this text (shown upon
> boot when disk has LUKS encryption): "Please unlock disk
> $CRYPTTAB_NAME".
>
> Should I report this as a bug?

There are already bugs about it. Actually I made an attempt a while ago:

https://bugs.debian.org/688735#14

but got no feedback and moved on. There is a more recent bug too:

https://bugs.debian.org/901702

but in that case the bug reporter/patch author disappeared.

I suppose it's Jonas Meurer you should contact, if you would like it to
move forward. As I wrote at one of those bugs, I'm willing to complete
the idea I had, but need to talk with some maintainer first.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj