Three tests of Xubuntu Core 18.04 ISO

Emery Fletcher
Tested the 23 February AMD64 ISO dd’d to a USB

Computer: 2009-era Compaq, AMD CPU, BIOS, 3GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 6400 graphics

Test 1:
Opened to Try without installing page
Checked that existing installation (Core 17.10) was mountable
Then went to Install option, chose Erase and install, installed successfully

Installed LibreOffice, Nvidia driver, Firefox, Dropbox, Compiz for eye candy

Ran that version for a few days, very reliable.

Then decided to test installer some more, using same ISO version

Test 2:
Went directly to the Install option, chose no updates or restricted
used Something else option, set root and swap partitions
Installer crashed

Test 3:
Closed the announcement, returned me to the Try page
Chose install, same choices (Something else, root and swap)

Installed successfully

Re: Three tests of Xubuntu Core 18.04 ISO

flocculant
Hi Emery,

Thanks for testing this.

To make it easier for you, and also easier for Xubuntu to track these
results, I've just added Core to our Bionic builds at
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/384/builds

You can report your results directly there - as I've set the version to
bionic rather than a date this means that new results just get appended
rather than clearing back to zero daily

regards

Kev

On 03/03/18 19:07, Emery Fletcher wrote:

> Tested the 23 February AMD64 ISO dd’d to a USB
>
> Computer: 2009-era Compaq, AMD CPU, BIOS, 3GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 6400 graphics
>
> Test 1:
> Opened to Try without installing page
> Checked that existing installation (Core 17.10) was mountable
> Then went to Install option, chose Erase and install, installed successfully
>
> Installed LibreOffice, Nvidia driver, Firefox, Dropbox, Compiz for eye candy
>
> Ran that version for a few days, very reliable.
>
> Then decided to test installer some more, using same ISO version
>
> Test 2:
> Went directly to the Install option, chose no updates or restricted
> used Something else option, set root and swap partitions
> Installer crashed
>
> Test 3:
> Closed the announcement, returned me to the Try page
> Chose install, same choices (Something else, root and swap)
>
> Installed successfully

Re: Three tests of Xubuntu Core 18.04 ISO

Emery Fletcher
Hello Kev,

Thank you for adding Core to make reporting easier.  I hope I'll be
able to be of some real help in testing, despite 84-year-old brain
cells that aren't quite as springy as they used to be.

Best,
Emery