Touchpad Breezy Woes

Jack Jackson
Hey,
I installed breezy and things are great except my touchpad *almost*
works: it double-taps to select, but NOT to click and drag. I tried
installing synaptics and tpconfig and can't get them to work. Can anyone
walk me through that so I can reconfigure my touchpad for double-tap >
drag ?

Thanks

Re: Touchpad Breezy Woes

zach-7
You probably have a laptop with a touchpad made by alps.  If so this
is a known bug:
https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/3171
https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/3234

On 11/5/05, Jack Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey,
> I installed breezy and things are great except my touchpad *almost*
> works: it double-taps to select, but NOT to click and drag. I tried
> installing synaptics and tpconfig and can't get them to work. Can anyone
> walk me through that so I can reconfigure my touchpad for double-tap >
> drag ?
>
> Thanks

Re: Touchpad Breezy Woes

Jack Jackson
Zach wrote:

>You probably have a laptop with a touchpad made by alps.  If so this
>is a known bug:
>https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/3171
>https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/3234

Bummer. How come it worked perfectly under Hoary Hedgehog I wonder . . .

>On 11/5/05, Jack Jackson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Hey,
>>I installed breezy and things are great except my touchpad *almost*
>>works: it double-taps to select, but NOT to click and drag. I tried
>>installing synaptics and tpconfig and can't get them to work. Can anyone
>>walk me through that so I can reconfigure my touchpad for double-tap >
>>drag ?
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>--
>>

>--
>and you want me to see your reply, be sure to put my
>address in the 'To:', or I might not see the message.

Re: Touchpad Breezy Woes

Scott J. Henson
Jack Jackson wrote:

> Zach wrote:
>
>> You probably have a laptop with a touchpad made by alps.  If so this
>> is a known bug:
>> https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/3171
>> https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/3234
>>

> Bummer. How come it worked perfectly under Hoary Hedgehog I wonder . . .

One of my friends had a similar problem and it was fixed by installing
the hoary kernel.  You might want to try that.

Re: Touchpad Breezy Woes

Scott J. Henson
Scott J. Henson wrote:

> Jack Jackson wrote:
>
>> Zach wrote:
>>
>>> You probably have a laptop with a touchpad made by alps.  If so this
>>> is a known bug:
>>> https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/3171
>>> https://launchpad.net/malone/bugs/3234
>>>

>> Bummer. How come it worked perfectly under Hoary Hedgehog I wonder . . .
>>

> One of my friends had a similar problem and it was fixed by installing
> the hoary kernel.  You might want to try that.

I forgot to mention that he follows ubuntu-security, so he tracks when
the hoary kernel gets updated.  If you install the hoary kerenel, you
should also put the hoary security sources in so you don't end up a
vulnerable system.