Translation Ubuntu Docs

Hannie Dumoleyn
Hello,

It is always a bit of a struggle to find the right place to translate
ubuntu-docs. I have several links in my web browser's favorites, but it
is always a wild guess which one to use, see below. From an earlier
email discussion I understand that /trunk/ is the best choice. This
seems to be the latest development version.

In this case, I guess /bionic/ and /trunk/ refer to the same
translation, although I see a slight difference under ‘Last changed’.

Hannie

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/bionic/+source/ubuntu-docs
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-docs/trunk/+translations
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-docs/vivid/+pots/ubuntu-help/nl/+translate

Re: Translation Ubuntu Docs

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Hi Hannie,

On 2018-02-27 10:27, Hannie Dumoleyn wrote:

> It is always a bit of a struggle to find the right place to translate
> ubuntu-docs. I have several links in my web browser's favorites, but
> it is always a wild guess which one to use, see below. From an
> earlier email discussion I understand that /trunk/ is the best
> choice. This seems to be the latest development version.
>
> In this case, I guess /bionic/ and /trunk/ refer to the same
> translation, although I see a slight difference under ‘Last
> changed’.
>
> Hannie
>
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/bionic/+source/ubuntu-docs
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-docs/trunk/+translations
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-docs/vivid/+pots/ubuntu-help/nl/+translate

Bionic and trunk are both fine - they are synced. Vivid is EOL since long.

Please note that Ubuntu Desktop Guide consists to > 90% of GNOME Help
nowadays, so the number of translatable strings in the ubuntu-docs
package has been significantly reduced. I tried to explain that here:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-translators/2017-September/007407.html

Also, it's a bit early to pay attention to the ubuntu-docs translations
in bionic. Changes will be made.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj