Turning off automount

Kevin O'Gorman
I do a lot of stuff with drives from other systems, mostly from an outfit I volunteer with.  It's annoying to have some of the partitions automounted, sometimes in the middle of an ongoing operation.

I have a script that successfully turned off automounting on my Xubuntu boxen (most of my boxen run Xubuntu), but it does not work on my one true Ubuntu box, a System76 server.

The code I used for Xubuntu is

    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount false
    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount-open false

Is there equivalent code that works on Ubuntu 18.04.2??

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman
#define QUESTION ((bb) || (!bb))   /* Shakespeare */

Re: Turning off automount

Colin Law
On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 at 21:47, Kevin O'Gorman <[hidden email]> wrote:
I do a lot of stuff with drives from other systems, mostly from an outfit I volunteer with.  It's annoying to have some of the partitions automounted, sometimes in the middle of an ongoing operation.

I have a script that successfully turned off automounting on my Xubuntu boxen (most of my boxen run Xubuntu), but it does not work on my one true Ubuntu box, a System76 server.

The code I used for Xubuntu is

    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount false
    gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.media-handling automount-open false

Is there equivalent code that works on Ubuntu 18.04.2??

You will need to use dconf.  The GUI is dconf-editor no doubt your favourite search engine will tell you the command line equivalent.

Colin

noname (602 bytes) Download Attachment