Turning off pam for Unix Authentication completely disables Passwords

Turning off pam for Unix Authentication completely disables Passwords

Rashkae-2
In my quest to keep things simple and easy, I used to use
pam-auth-update to disable PAM from Unix logins, (this would disable the
password 'complexity' inanity, and prevents pam from automatically
re-enabling it when it updates itself.).  However, with Ubuntu 18.04,
that completely disables passwords entirely.  Is there a way to
re-enable traditional login?