Two linked subjects: notes.kde.org, phab and /or trello

Two linked subjects: notes.kde.org, phab and /or trello

Valorie Zimmerman
Hi folks, Walter reminded me tonight to that notes.kde.org is gonna
die in the near future, replaced by Phabricator and share.kde.org
(nextcloud). Clive was asking the KDE sysadmins about getting a
Phabricator task board for us, so we could replace Trello with free
software. The first response was non-committal, since we are not a KDE
project. I've found quite a few non-KDE projects on KDE infra, so I
think we can get such a project taskboard -- if we want it.

Do we?

Trello is pretty, and configurable, but it non-free.

Phab is pretty plain, and not only configurable, but also comes with
lots of other stuff, like a built-in wiki. I believe that Clive was
thinking that all of our devel stuff could go there, including the
packaging docs.

If we want to move it over, we could either move everyone in one
massive move, or simply begin adding cards for 17.10 now, and plan to
phase out Trello at release.

What do you think would serve us best?

All the best,

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Two linked subjects: notes.kde.org, phab and /or trello

ovidiub13
În ziua de joi, 22 decembrie 2016, la 22:51:19 EET, Valorie Zimmerman a scris:

> Hi folks, Walter reminded me tonight to that notes.kde.org is gonna
> die in the near future, replaced by Phabricator and share.kde.org
> (nextcloud). Clive was asking the KDE sysadmins about getting a
> Phabricator task board for us, so we could replace Trello with free
> software. The first response was non-committal, since we are not a KDE
> project. I've found quite a few non-KDE projects on KDE infra, so I
> think we can get such a project taskboard -- if we want it.
>
> Do we?
>
> Trello is pretty, and configurable, but it non-free.
>
> Phab is pretty plain, and not only configurable, but also comes with
> lots of other stuff, like a built-in wiki. I believe that Clive was
> thinking that all of our devel stuff could go there, including the
> packaging docs.
>
> If we want to move it over, we could either move everyone in one
> massive move, or simply begin adding cards for 17.10 now, and plan to
> phase out Trello at release.
>
> What do you think would serve us best?
>
> All the best,
>
> Valorie

Hello,

I like the idea of switching to Phab from trello. I think we should do it all in a big move, otherwize we will have split items, and chaos.

Regarding notes.kde.org, I guess we could use tha colaborative editing of nextcloud from share.kde.org.

But all this means that Aaron has to get his KDE Identity account sorted out, and I don't think he want's to deal with that again :-P

+1 from me.

Who will ask for the Phab project?
P.S. we already have a folder on share.kde.org, that I've started using for the podcast... but not all of us switched over from Google Drive. We could though.

Regards,
Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN

Re: Two linked subjects: notes.kde.org, phab and /or trello

Walter Lapchynski
+1 Phab
-1 Trello

'nuf sed. ;)

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 11:26 PM, Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan <[hidden email]> wrote:
În ziua de joi, 22 decembrie 2016, la 22:51:19 EET, Valorie Zimmerman a scris:
> Hi folks, Walter reminded me tonight to that notes.kde.org is gonna
> die in the near future, replaced by Phabricator and share.kde.org
> (nextcloud). Clive was asking the KDE sysadmins about getting a
> Phabricator task board for us, so we could replace Trello with free
> software. The first response was non-committal, since we are not a KDE
> project. I've found quite a few non-KDE projects on KDE infra, so I
> think we can get such a project taskboard -- if we want it.
>
> Do we?
>
> Trello is pretty, and configurable, but it non-free.
>
> Phab is pretty plain, and not only configurable, but also comes with
> lots of other stuff, like a built-in wiki. I believe that Clive was
> thinking that all of our devel stuff could go there, including the
> packaging docs.
>
> If we want to move it over, we could either move everyone in one
> massive move, or simply begin adding cards for 17.10 now, and plan to
> phase out Trello at release.
>
> What do you think would serve us best?
>
> All the best,
>
> Valorie

Hello,

I like the idea of switching to Phab from trello. I think we should do it all in a big move, otherwize we will have split items, and chaos.

Regarding notes.kde.org, I guess we could use tha colaborative editing of nextcloud from share.kde.org.

But all this means that Aaron has to get his KDE Identity account sorted out, and I don't think he want's to deal with that again :-P

+1 from me.

Who will ask for the Phab project?
P.S. we already have a folder on share.kde.org, that I've started using for the podcast... but not all of us switched over from Google Drive. We could though.

Regards,
Ovidiu-Florin BOGDAN

       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D
68F6 8B57 A48B C4F2 051A

Re: Two linked subjects: notes.kde.org, phab and /or trello

Valorie Zimmerman
Awhile back:

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 10:51 PM, Valorie Zimmerman
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks, Walter reminded me tonight to that notes.kde.org is gonna
> die in the near future, replaced by Phabricator and share.kde.org
> (nextcloud). Clive was asking the KDE sysadmins about getting a
> Phabricator task board for us, so we could replace Trello with free
> software. The first response was non-committal, since we are not a KDE
> project. I've found quite a few non-KDE projects on KDE infra, so I
> think we can get such a project taskboard -- if we want it.
>
> Do we?
>
> Trello is pretty, and configurable, but it non-free.
>
> Phab is pretty plain, and not only configurable, but also comes with
> lots of other stuff, like a built-in wiki. I believe that Clive was
> thinking that all of our devel stuff could go there, including the
> packaging docs.
>
> If we want to move it over, we could either move everyone in one
> massive move, or simply begin adding cards for 17.10 now, and plan to
> phase out Trello at release.
>
> What do you think would serve us best?
>
> All the best,
>
> Valorie

After a long, thorough discussion about the issues around distros such
as us using KDE infra, the conclusion was: let's be nice to KDE
distros.

We have our Phab board: https://phabricator.kde.org/project/manage/214/

Please join and help set it up!

Valorie