Typo at 18.04 intro screen

Simos Xenitellis-4
Hi All,

I saw the screenshot at
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/04/will-you-upgrade-to-ubuntu-18-04-lts-poll
which has the text

"Ubuntu 18:04 works differently from other versions."

There is a typo in the version, "18:04" instead of "18.04".
Which version of the "gnome-initial-setup" is used?

Because at https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/bionic/+source/gnome-initial-setup/+pots/gnome-initial-setup/el/+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=Differently
the source string appears to be OK.

Simos

Re: Typo at 18.04 intro screen

Simos Xenitellis-4
On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 10:02 PM, Simos Xenitellis
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I saw the screenshot at
> https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/04/will-you-upgrade-to-ubuntu-18-04-lts-poll
> which has the text
>
> "Ubuntu 18:04 works differently from other versions."
>
> There is a typo in the version, "18:04" instead of "18.04".
> Which version of the "gnome-initial-setup" is used?
>
> Because at https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/bionic/+source/gnome-initial-setup/+pots/gnome-initial-setup/el/+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=Differently
> the source string appears to be OK.

I just noticed Gunnar's email about gnome-initial-setup and the need
for translating it.

I did not see a forked gnome-initial-setup (it points to upstream at GNOME).
What would explain the screenshot that says "from other versions"
while the package has "from older versions"?

Simos

Re: Typo at 18.04 intro screen

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Hi Simos,

On 2018-04-21 21:17, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 10:02 PM, Simos Xenitellis
>> There is a typo in the version, "18:04" instead of "18.04".
>> Which version of the "gnome-initial-setup" is used?
>>
>> Because at https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/bionic/+source/gnome-initial-setup/+pots/gnome-initial-setup/el/+translate?batch=10&show=all&search=Differently
>> the source string appears to be OK.

The original string at LP was extracted from the latest uploaded version
of the package, so we should trust it to be the correct one.

> I did not see a forked gnome-initial-setup (it points to upstream at GNOME).
> What would explain the screenshot that says "from other versions"
> while the package has "from older versions"?

To be honest I can't see what exactly the screenshot says - it's too
blurry for me.

As regards repositories it's a bit confusing. I think this file is
what's used:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Ubuntu/gnome-initial-setup/blob/ubuntu-welcome/gnome-initial-setup/pages/ubuntu-changes/gis-ubuntu-changes-page.ui

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson