Typo or not?

Hannie Dumoleyn
Before I file a bug, I would like to ask a native English speaker to
have a look at this sentence:

When a disk/volume is considered "too full" depends on various factors,
including the size of the disk and how fast you're filling it up. You
might want to free up space if the disk/volume is more than 90% full.

I would think that "When" should be "Whether".

Hannie

Re: Typo or not?

Nick Veitch
It should!

On 15 March 2017 at 17:07, Hannie Dumoleyn <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Before I file a bug, I would like to ask a native English speaker to have
> a look at this sentence:
>
> When a disk/volume is considered "too full" depends on various factors,
> including the size of the disk and how fast you're filling it up. You might
> want to free up space if the disk/volume is more than 90% full.
>
> I would think that "When" should be "Whether".
>
> Hannie

Nick Veitch,
Documentation
Canonical

Re: Typo or not?

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Doc string freeze is only tomorrow, so I fixed it. Thanks.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-docs/trunk/revision/609#ubuntu-help/C/disk-capacity.page

/ Gunnar

On 2017-03-15 18:11, Nick Veitch wrote:

> It should!
>
> On 15 March 2017 at 17:07, Hannie Dumoleyn <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Before I file a bug, I would like to ask a native English speaker to have
>> a look at this sentence:
>>
>> When a disk/volume is considered "too full" depends on various factors,
>> including the size of the disk and how fast you're filling it up. You might
>> want to free up space if the disk/volume is more than 90% full.
>>
>> I would think that "When" should be "Whether".
>>
>> Hannie

Re: Typo or not?

Hannie Dumoleyn
Thanks to all you native English speakers, Nick, Quinn, Doug.
@ Gunnar: quick service, you rock :)