UI Freeze exception request - 19.10 wallpaper and slideshow

UI Freeze exception request - 19.10 wallpaper and slideshow

Will Cooke-2
Hi all,

I am disappointed that this is becoming a theme, but yet again I must ask
for a UI FE for the 19.10 wallpaper.  I now have the final versions and I
have uploaded them to this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-wallpapers/+bug/1843798

I am still working on extracting the mascot image from the SVG so that I
can add it to the slideshow.  I expect this will be ready next week.

So with your permission we will land the wallpaper ASAP and the slideshow
next week.

Cheers, Will

Re: UI Freeze exception request - 19.10 wallpaper and slideshow

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Hi Will,

On 2019-09-13 13:48, Will Cooke wrote:

> I am disappointed that this is becoming a theme, but yet again I must
> ask for a UI FE for the 19.10 wallpaper.  I now have the final
> versions and I have uploaded them to this bug:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-wallpapers/+bug/1843798
>
> I am still working on extracting the mascot image from the SVG so
> that I can add it to the slideshow.  I expect this will be ready next
> week.
>
> So with your permission we will land the wallpaper ASAP and the
> slideshow next week.

This ought to be a problem, but unfortunately it isn't. Currently we
don't have sufficient resources to maintain Ubuntu specific screenshots
in the desktop guide which would have been affected by this.

N.p. from a desktop guide POV, in other words.

I'm aware of a couple of screenshot, btw:

https://tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/tutorial-install-ubuntu-desktop?_ga=2.1269553.1851873024.1568547313-2110198.1496852159#0

But that tutorial is maintained by Canonical, AFAIK. ;) And possibly
they intentionally base it on the latest LTS.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj